Author Topic: Official World of Speed 2012 topic  (Read 147246 times)

Offline Tman

Re: Official World of Speed 2012 topic
« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »
Sure is quiet out there

And on the board, this sub-forum is the only thing moving at all today!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2012, 03:35:20 PM »
I would assume that in 30 minutes WOS 2012 will be over. The event had some weather conditions on and off. Not sure if any record runs are going on at this time. I am sure Slim will give us the update soon.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2012, 03:42:22 PM »
Kind of disapointed in that USFRA doesn't at least give copies of the run logs to Slim so he can post them here.  You have a person willing to do the work and don't take advantge of it seems silly to me.

Offline Tman

« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2012, 03:47:53 PM »
Kind of disapointed in that USFRA doesn't at least give copies of the run logs to Slim so he can post them here.  You have a person willing to do the work and don't take advantge of it seems silly to me.

I do not see that as a big deal. We have been spoiled. There are less than 2 dozen of us looking in right now from around the country. The folks running the event have plenty to do and don't really need to worry about us, like getting those last records runs on the books!

Offline trimmers

• Jeff in Boise
« Reply #259 on: September 11, 2012, 03:52:17 PM »
SCTA had their problems getting the info posted from SW this year, too.  And, in both cases there were reasons for the delays.  Hopefully, World Finals and everything next year will be better!
------------- 1 of just 3 in all 3  -------------
USFRA 130 MPH Club 09/18/2008 136.757
USFRA 150 MPH Club 09/17/2009 152.162
Bonneville 200 MPH Club 09/15/2019 218.600
Best Run: 253.080 MPH 09/14/2019 #6556

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #260 on: September 11, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »
My point was, if you have a person who is willing to give his time and abilities to help promote your event at no charge, you should take advantage of it.  This is just good business sense but maybe that is where I have it wrong as I guess this is not a business. But still my thinking is always take advantage of free publicity when given the opportunity.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:59:57 PM by nrhs sales »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #261 on: September 11, 2012, 04:03:55 PM »
I think there is a issue on down loading the data.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #262 on: September 11, 2012, 04:06:05 PM »
If there is an issue of downloading the data I sure hope everybody who has set a record keeps their timing sips. Would hate a record to be lost due to a computer glitch.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 04:12:18 PM by nrhs sales »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #263 on: September 11, 2012, 04:17:42 PM »
I won't get into the wondering why - I'll just do more to get things to the site and to youse guys sooner and better.

We're on I-80 heading east.  It's hard to see the monitor with the sun shining on it (Nancy's driving).  I'll see if I can get the logs from Ellen and get them here soon.  She was busy (as usual) with finishing uo the event when we last saw her, so I'll send an email after this post and ask for the data ASAP.

We sat next to the Vesco team at lunch at the truckstop, and sure enough, another shaft in the quickchange went bad.  Rick said he had one being made before the event - after the SpeedWeek troubles -- but because of the three day weekend the guy that was to heat treat the metal took the extra long time to shut off his over for maintenance.  So - the shaft in the car wasn't the hardened one he wanted.  Ka-boom, and we'll see you in October.

I'll send that email to Ellen.  I know USFRA has plans to clean up the salt tomorrow -- so maybe she'll have a chance to do the data logs tonight.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #264 on: September 11, 2012, 04:20:10 PM »
Could be a no service connection with the cell service they (Slim) are using. I know here in southern Utah the storm is pretty bad and flooding around parts of St. George and dykes over flowing along the Santa Clara river. Guess we will have to wait.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #265 on: September 11, 2012, 04:34:46 PM »
  Glen, maybe you can answer this:  what kind of trany does the Vesco streamliner run and is it air shifted?
                                               Thanx, Bob
  ........... and Hat's off to the best Timer/Anouncer in the History of LSR.
  p.s.  you have no idea how many of us hold you in reverence.  You are going to find out at the W.F.'s and 2013 Speedweek, that you are probably the most popular guy on the Salt!
  They (SCTA/BNI) may not think that they have time for you, but in reality, YOU DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THEM!!!!                 One Run, out........................
Bob Drury

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #266 on: September 11, 2012, 04:40:06 PM »
Bob, it's air shifted Liberty 6 speed. The used /borrowed drive shaft was in the car. I am thinking there is a harmonic or something flexing to cause 3 shafts to break.
We will see this week when Rick gets home.

Thanks for the kind words and I can't make any remarks at this time. It's their problem now.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #267 on: September 11, 2012, 04:51:25 PM »
there are many reasons I only participate in the Bubs event and the way the SCTA handled this with Glen only makes my resolve to continue doing so stronger.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 04:59:13 PM by nrhs sales »

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #268 on: September 11, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »
  Sales, the only reason that I reply to your statement (while agreeing with what you are saying) is that I know how hard ALL OF THE VOLUNTEER'S WORK TO MAKE THE EVENTS HAPPEN.
  I know you didn't mean to include them in what you just said, but let's all keep this in perspective:  The SCTA/BNI is a volunteer organization which not only stages our races but tries to make the races safe for everyone involved, be it racer or spectator or course worker.
  If you have read many of my post's, you know that I have been called a "complainer or whiner" ( neither of which I deny), but the bottom line is that without "rules and inforcement" we would have "anarchy" or fist fights, and I know that I am too old for either.........
                                        :cheers: :cheers: Bob  :cheers: :cheers:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 05:19:13 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #269 on: September 11, 2012, 05:22:57 PM »
I re-read my post and I cannot see anywhere where I said anything negative at all except for not liking the way they handled the situation with Glen.  The reasons I do not participate in their events are just my feelings about the ways in which they do some things that I do not agree with.  that is all. I sure cannot see how in any way what I said can be construed as me putting down the volunteers who help run the show???