Author Topic: 37 truck chat?  (Read 2235 times)

Offline RICK

37 truck chat?
« on: April 11, 2006, 10:32:29 PM »
I have a 1937 chevrolet truck in our shop,it belongs to a young man named Kyle. He came by the shop today to check the progress,,,when he saw his truck we had just set the bed on, no fenders. Just a cab with doors, hood, grill, and bed.  He's also been watching the progress of our 34 5- window coupe salt racer. He put the two together in his head and now wants to leave the fenders off and go salt racing.
        I got out my SCTA Rule book and tryed to find a place for it but????
   /PP is 1949 and newer. Ididn't have an answer for the guy. I explained the best I knew how,,about the way the rule book was on classic coupes,,,,,ie. pre 49 bodys may be chopped. Go back to the vintage section and add 'may remove fenders',   But nothing that would fit his truck.
  I let him barrow the rule book,,, he must of spent the rest of the day reading and studying the thing.  He called me at home tonight and asked; If a 30 roadster pickup runs in the roadster classes,,,Why can't a 37 pickup run in /with the coupe classes?
  Idon't know. I couldn't find a place in the book to explain it.
 Can any one help me. Is there a place for his truck?

thanks Rick
It's not over, it's just harder.

Offline jimmy six

37 truck chat?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 11:36:44 AM »
Yes, It's called the pickup class. Modified and Production...I've inspected them as old as 1940.  Many of the rules do follow the coupes and production classes but they have specific body requirements. One is no chopped tops....Time only is always an option; so is a rules request form for changing rules....These took a pretty long time to get in the book so I would not expect to see many changes...Good Luck JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline RichFox

37 truck chat?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 01:02:55 PM »
Before there were pickup classes, pickups ran as coups. I would think that if he left the fenders off of the truck it would be classified as an Altered Coup. Maybe not, you can never tell how these things will turn out.