Author Topic: Concrete filled blocks  (Read 2487 times)

Offline jackson

Concrete filled blocks
« on: April 03, 2006, 08:12:19 PM »
We have access to a good D motor with concrete filled water jackets.  Can a SBC survive the long course on methanol without water?  What about with a little nitro mixed in hoping for 600+ Hp?

Also, has anyone heard from Joe Law?  We are working on a project with him, and his last phone number is disconnected.

Offline Bob Drury

Water
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 08:54:27 PM »
Jackson, I don't think I would try it if you have billet heads(solid), but if you can recirc the water thru the heads into a large water resevor or tank, it ought to work.  I run a 25 gallon tank which then goes back to the radiator which in my car is blocked from frontal air flow.  I am now running 25% Nitro, and have had no problems.  p.s., I only filled my block to the freze plugs...........
Bob Drury

Offline jackson

Concrete filled blocks
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 09:13:42 PM »
Bob,
We currently have an 18 gallon water tank on board for the last motor.  The heads are World Products cast iron.  I think I'm probably too cheap to risk running more than 25% nitro.  Any advice on how to run the water through the heads without cylinder jackets?
Thanks,
Jack

Offline Bob Drury

Concrete
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 10:01:45 PM »
Jack, not knowing what sort of intake manifold you have, I would try first to drill and tap (3/4 min in the end water runners of the intake manifold, or else do the same to the ends of the heads.  I run a belt drive water pump, but a electric would work just as well.  As I said earlier, I run from the radiator, to the pump, to the heads, to the tank, and back to the radiator.  It has never gotten over 190 degrees on the long course...
Bob Drury