Author Topic: The 19th Annual Gas Up  (Read 10915 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: The 19th Annual Gas Up
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »
Is THAT what we were attesting to?  I know it's the first time for either of us - to have to show our USA passport to get an award.  Then there was the check for un-authorised or contraband items.  That check wasn't very evenly done -- that is, they barely gave me a passing glance, but Nancy got a very thorough pat-down. :roll: :roll:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Good thing they let me do that. . .and not Freud.  He'd have had a heart attack, and that'd put a downer feeling (so to speak) on the rest of the day.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 01:19:16 AM »
Awesome for you two and the other recipient's  :cheers:

Offline streamliner

• Gyronaut X-1: World's Fastest Motorcycle
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 12:07:17 AM »
Here's just a few pics from the Gas Up.  I've got to say it was an honor to attend and talk with the living legends there.  It was also the first public appearance for the Gyronaut in over 40 years.  Thanks to the Gold Coast Roadster and Racing Club for letting us share this little piece of history with those who were there during its record runs at Bonneville.  Seeing Bob Herda's streamliner was truly a moving moment, inspiring and tragic all at the same time.  Unforgettable...

Visit the Gyronaut X-1 Restoration and History Pages
World's Fastest Motorcycle from 1966 to 1970
www.gyronautx1.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 10:59:09 AM »
I wish the film team had arrived earlier. When they were there my time was used up.

Maybe we can hook up another time. I'd love to share some time talking about Alex.

Thanks for the effort to get the 'liner there and Thank You for asking me.

Stay in touch.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline streamliner

• Gyronaut X-1: World's Fastest Motorcycle
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 10:43:13 PM »
I wish the film team had arrived earlier. When they were there my time was used up.
Maybe we can hook up another time. I'd love to share some time talking about Alex.
Thanks for the effort to get the 'liner there and Thank You for asking me.
Stay in touch.

FREUD

FREUD, meeting you at the Gas Up was a highlight of our trip.  After seeing Alex's photos for years and years, it's like a family reunion in some small way.  We can't wait to hear more...

So we're making a documentary on the Gyronaut and Alex Tremulis, Bob Leppan and Jim Bruflodt.  A HUGE thanks go to the Boys of Bonneville's directors and producers John Greene (left) and Curt Wallin (right), who jumped right in to create it.  We'll be filming interviews over the next few months, but we're lacking in video footage from back in the day.  If anyone's got Gyronaut footage or film of Alex and/or Bob (or any of Triumph Detroit's efforts), please let me know.

Thanks to all who have helped so far and in advance to those who will be helping out in the future...

Visit the Gyronaut X-1 Restoration and History Pages
World's Fastest Motorcycle from 1966 to 1970
www.gyronautx1.com

Offline sodbuster

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 12:00:27 PM »
Congrats SSS!!!! Time fly's when your having fun.....

Chris Nelson
Kansas
A Devil with A Hammer & Hell with A Torch

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 10:00:44 PM »

FREUD, meeting you at the Gas Up was a highlight of our trip.  After seeing Alex's photos for years and years, it's like a family reunion in some small way.  We can't wait to hear more...

So we're making a documentary on the Gyronaut and Alex Tremulis, Bob Leppan and Jim Bruflodt.  A HUGE thanks go to the Boys of Bonneville's directors and producers John Greene (left) and Curt Wallin (right), who jumped right in to create it.  We'll be filming interviews over the next few months, but we're lacking in video footage from back in the day.  If anyone's got Gyronaut footage or film of Alex and/or Bob (or any of Triumph Detroit's efforts), please let me know.

Thanks to all who have helped so far and in advance to those who will be helping out in the future...

I look forward to seeing it, what a great project. Its been a while, Im the little guy on the right 1970 (my first trip to the salt)

Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2012, 10:38:47 PM »
Gary, looking forward to it. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah