Author Topic: 2012 Racing season. What are you doing?  (Read 11154 times)

Offline Tman

Re: 2012 Racing season. What are you doing?
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2012, 12:46:27 PM »
I'm afraid we'll be on the sidelines again.  Anyone need a good car?

That REALLY bums me out.  :-(

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2012, 01:01:46 AM »
That's a really interesting build. I'd sure like to see that car run. I'm really sorry to hear you'll remain on the sidelines.

Pete

Offline fastman614

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2012, 09:08:30 AM »
It looks like we will be epeating our 2011 W/F appearance with both the Vega and the C/Gas Lakester. With the Vega, we are looking for 250+ in the B/CGAlt class and 260+ in the B/CFAlt class.... With the lakester, we are looking for 280+ and one more Red Hat member. The cars are both race ready from the W/Fs last year.... Except for a few safety item upgrades, that is....i.e. a new set of belts in the lakester and new side glass in the Vega - which we didn't need last year as we were in the transitional year with a record speed under 250mph but which is for this year and going forward, now required at 200mph. We had hoped to set the records last year and then "hang the car up" permanently but the rainout/snow out at the W/Fs sort of postponed the retirement plan for the Vega.... (and the lakester too, actually).
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline Chaz

• STRANGE DAYS GARAGE Satisfaction considered
    • Bellytank Build
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2012, 11:14:03 AM »
 Yeah, Its killing us to be so close. The car is done..
 I had a real health setback and by the time all the docs got paid off there was no more fun money to go racing. Its a bummer, cause we had full insurance. Still, there was about 20 grand that had to come out of pocket.
 The good news (by my way of figguring) is I'm still here.and I have the healthcare system to thank for that. and I do thank them. Theres just no money to do fun stuff for a while So we'll either wait till we can go, or sell the car to someone who would like to campaign it. Its a really tough decision, but thst's life I guess.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:21:41 AM by Chaz »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2012, 12:49:34 PM »
Hey - I guess this could go into this thread.

We (landracing.com) are planning to have quite a bit of coverage of events all over the country this year, presenting live audio streaming not only from Bonneville, but also from the new track in Wilmington, Ohio, and - if money is available - El Mirage and Loring, Maine, too.  I know the live audio is popular - but I've got to pay for it.  Max, the guy that runs the equipment, is working with me and a few potential sponsors to get the $$ to make it possible for him to drive to the various venues and set up/operate the system.  It's a surprising commitment in the amount of cash it takes to buy the hardware, get the proper kind of "airtime" on the internet, and just pay the gas to get him from St. Louis (his home base) to Wendover or Loring  or wherever and then make sure he's got a place to crash when the day is over.  We've got a proposal in front of one biggie and are hoping they'll pay for a full year of "sponsorship".  We will have a couple of commercials per hour - but they're going to be in the "dead spots" when nothing much is going on.  We'll have some other attributions, too, by by and large it'll be all racing, all the time.

if you want to offer any size donation to the site for this (or anything) feel free to use the Paypal buttons we've got scattered here and there.  I'll do my best to find your $$ and send you a thank-you note.  TTFN. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »
Slim - thanks for the tickler.  Keep me in the loop on the audio - Max, you, too.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »
Chaz,
That is a real bummer about not being able to run your car, but great to see you still on the right side of the grass!!! I can't imagine how difficult it must be to even consider selling a car that you put so much effort into. I vote for keeping it fresh until you can afford to run it. It has got to be a real part of you. I followed your build and was really looking forward to seeing you run, such a great idea and effort.

Stay well!!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline azgearhed

• 1979 Z-28 AA/CBGC & AA/CGC & AA/CBGALT
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2012, 12:08:14 PM »
News from BC Racing, 636 AA/CGC Camaro. After a successful debute at 2011 Speedweek, all three drivers have joined the SCTA(Gear Grinders) and we are looking forward to our first Elmo in May. We added another 60 hp, lowered the car 2" and added two new chutes. We are looking at a class change for Speedweek 2012 as the current record is a little out of our reach. As for Elmo, we are green as a shamrock but ready to learn.
BC Racing 1979 Z-28
AA/CBGC Record 251.802 Speed Week 2012
AA/CBGALT Record 255.382 Speed Week 2013
AA/CBGC Record 226.104 El Mirage Sept 2015
AA/CBFALT Record 227.954 El Mirage June 2016
AA/CBGC Record 267.878 Speed Week 2018
AA/CBGALT Record 236.458 El Mirage Nov 2016
It's a lot of work to have fun...