Author Topic: Your Chance to FIX error(s) found Bonneville Salt Flats Book  (Read 1725 times)

velocity

Your Chance to FIX error(s) found Bonneville Salt Flats Book
« on: January 28, 2012, 11:09:50 PM »
My history book on the Bonneville Salt Flats is going through a major revision and update. I am looking for help from everyone on this site to help me correct any errors, incorrect spelled names, engine references or other critical omissions. NOW IS THE TIME to re-read the book and help the story of the salt be that much better next time around. Post your comments here, or PM me, either way, the help is very much appreciated because time is very short. I am trying to do in 4 months what usually takes a year or more of hard research and critical writing.. Please include supporting document references if at all possible. It is not possible to rely simply on memory -- yours or mine -- the facts have to be verifiable.

Speedy Thanks 

LandSpeed Louise

Offline aircap

Re: Your Chance to FIX error(s) found Bonneville Salt Flats Book
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 12:31:42 AM »
I don't remember any errors in your intitial offering, but there might be one or two.
I can remember the day when your first book was delivered.
I called in sick, and sat down to read it from beginning to end in about 4 hours.
That was back in the late 90's.... now I'm looking forward to your updated version.
Good luck, Louise!
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

velocity

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 02:36:22 AM »
You aren't only one to stop, sit and read. I was repeatedly astounded by guys who would come up to me and say that they got to book, sat down and everything else in the universe stopped until they had finished reading the book. For a writer that is amazing praise, for a historian it makes you bow your head and give thanks.

You join Wally Parks who picked up the book from me at the 1999 SEMA Show and returned the my author's booth in main hall next day with the warmest smile he had ever given me. He said nothing as he walked up and then bent over gave me a gentle hug while saying in low voice, "Thank you for taking such good care of our story." Barbara Parks stood with a satisfied smile and then with mock displeasure said along the lines of, "I hope you are happy, we never made to dinner, he sat down in the room and didn't go to bed until he had finished reading it. I had to order room service."

I didn't believe a word of it, but Mr. and Mrs. Parks insisted that was what happened. It was an indication of the level of acceptance the book would enjoy, but at the time I was naively unaware of what the book meant to so many.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 07:31:42 PM »
Are you using both hands, Louise?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records