Author Topic: LSR = Land Speed Rampage  (Read 173094 times)

gkabbt

Re: LSR = Land Speed Rampage
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2013, 07:32:12 AM »
Just a quick update. Sorry, no pics.
Yesterday, I finished doing the wire brush cleaning of the underside of the truck and now have several small holes to weld up.
Hopefully I'll be able to slather on the primer later this week and then be ready for paint by next weekend.
Slowly but surely..... :-D

Gregg

gkabbt

« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2013, 06:41:38 PM »
Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. America, from border to border and coast to coast and all the ships at sea. Let's go to press!

UPS Santa dropped off more goodies to me this afternoon for my Rampage.

I would like you to feast your eyes on . . . . . direct from . . . . .SteveM's SubLime Racing Windows Emporium . . . . .
A pair of custom made polycarbonate side windows made by Steve and Jerry Bickle Race Cars mounts for these windows.

I did get them out of the box but have not had chance to unwrap them yet.

MANY THANKS go out to Steve for these!  :cheers:

As for updates on my truck.....it's still on the rotisserie pretty much as it was in my last post. :oops:
I have some holes that need to be welded up so I ordered a Hobart MIG welder and had to wait for it to come in. After I got it and the gas cylinder I started hooking it up and found out the regulater was bad so I called Hobart and got a new regulator last Friday. This one does work so I'm ready to go. During this down time on the truck I did get many items to the powder and got them back (no pics as you all know what that looks like.....LOL).

Been REAL busy power washing the house and garage. Thankfully, most of the cleaning is about finished and I am leaving for Wilmington tomorrow so I will not get back on the truck until next week and looking forward to it.

I think that's about all for now.

Gregg

« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 07:07:06 PM by gkabbt »

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2013, 07:26:40 PM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

gkabbt

« Reply #213 on: July 13, 2013, 10:13:14 AM »
In my last post from a month ago, I mentioned about the power washing "cleanup up" thing. Well, that turned into a "fix up", "paint up" campaign for the month of June. Thankfully, all of that has been completed and Mama is a happy camper!  :-D
With all that out of the way I am back on the truck full time.....Yea!  :cheers:
Wednesday, I began welding up holes and will follow this with some seam welding. This is my first time doing guage metal work and it is going pretty good! I hope to be finished with all the welding by the end of next week. Then comes the gringing/sanding followed by primer/paint of the underside and it will be the Master Coat Series primer followed by Dodge Bright White paint.
My plan is to have it off the rotisserie by the end of the month.
It's good to be back working on this and not having to worry about anything else. The push is on to be ready for Wilmington next April!.....FINALLY!

Will post pics when I have something worthwhile to show.

Gregg

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:31:38 AM by gkabbt »

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »
Go, Gregg, go!

What color are you going with?
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

gkabbt

« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2013, 10:24:33 AM »
Go, Gregg, go!

What color are you going with?

Buddy, I won't be painting the whole truck yet, just the underside and it will be Dodge Bright White.

As for the paint scheme, I have decided to go with the period correct Mopar paint scheme:

Gregg

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:31:12 AM by gkabbt »

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2013, 11:06:13 AM »
Gregg, Amy approves  :-D :cheers:
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline SteveM

« Reply #217 on: July 15, 2013, 08:43:25 AM »
Gregg:

That Charger is just about the best looking thing I've seen in a long time (nekkid women excluded).  If you can pull together a paint job to capture the essence of that car,  you will make the cover of Rampage Monthly, for sure.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline SteveM

« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2014, 05:05:53 PM »
Gregg:
   Happy New Year!  I hope you and your family are doing well (including the Rampage).

Any updates?

Steve.

gkabbt

« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2014, 11:19:37 AM »
Steve, sorry for not responding sooner but the Wife and I did an extended road trip to Florida and Alabama to get away from the cold weather.
Had some REAL good times visiting relatives and friends.  :evil:
We got back home last Tuesday and Wednesday we were greeted with 4" of snow, sleet and freezing rain!!!  WTF?  :?  :-o  
Ready to go back South again!  :-D

As for updates on the truck, I did get the majority of the welding finished before we left.
Now I'm doing some grinding and then comes the primer and paint.
I'm hoping to get it back to a roller by the end of the month!

The traveling we have been doing has slowed down work on the truck but the trips have been worth it!

You going to try and make Wilmington before Speedweek?

Gregg

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2014, 03:25:18 PM »
Yea, Greg's back.  :cheers: on the good trips, we've missed you.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2014, 03:07:07 PM »
Greg:

It's great to hear that you are back in the game.  The good thing about snow (especially in your neck of the woods) is that it's not permanent.

I am planning to be at the June meet in Wilmington, then at Speed Week in August.  Just booked my room in Wendover earlier today.

Now my mind has shifted back into LSR mode.  I have a much smaller list of items to address than I did last year at this time.

Best of luck with your project,

Steve.

gkabbt

« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2014, 08:39:04 AM »
Steve,
We do not have any travel plans anytime soon so I'm hitting the truck as hard as I can.
As I posted a couple of days ago, I hope to have it back rolling by the end of the month.
Busting my butt to have it ready for some shakedown runs at either the June or July meets.
If you do make it in June, Ill see you there!  :cheers:

Gregg
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:44:29 AM by gkabbt »

Offline tauruck

« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2014, 11:23:55 AM »
Steve, you must have the cleanest pickup around by now.

You've been ready to run for so long there can't be much else to do. :-D

Gregg, It's catch up time.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2014, 11:42:27 AM »
Since I'm planning to run at Ohio, I want/need to install front brakes.

There are plenty of other minor chores that need to be done, including moving the boost control regulator from under-hood to in-cabin.

I'm also toying with the notion of adding water injection to the intake stream to keep EGT's a bit lower.

The cold weather here has prevented my mind from working properly.  Now that it's thawing out, I'm regaining my mojo.

Steve.