Author Topic: Motorcycle displacement issues...  (Read 39904 times)

Offline Hans Blom

Motorcycle displacement issues...
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2006, 08:49:41 AM »
thanks for the info guys!

Offline panic

• My tech papers
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2006, 10:25:27 AM »

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
LOGIC HAS BEEN REPLACED BY CONFUSION.
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2006, 11:30:46 AM »
Yours is a very well done case of examining the rules and applying the appropriate logic.
The tragedy is the rules  lately often defy logic and history. They are getting worse all the time.
They are not only the victims of individual agendas but without the prior consultation with the affected party's.
You are in the right place to bring this to the attention of the people that care and the people that are responsible for the mistakes.
Putting a light on it will go much farther than anything you can do.
More people need to chime in with a logical approach.
If you are wrong, that is OK too and someone will correct you. But if you suffer in silence with your head down you have accepted defeat.  Individual logic applied to individual mistakes will get individual treatment the field suffers from now. :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2006, 10:57:16 PM »
It appears the M/C committee has found a time machine.  We're going back to the old AMA rules.  Don't know what else to say except it appears you are caught by the short and curlies.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
FALL OUT FROM THE ADMINISPHERE
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2006, 12:09:01 AM »
Quote from: Nortonist 592
It appears the M/C committee has found a time machine.  We're going back to the old AMA rules.  Don't know what else to say except it appears you are caught by the short and curlies.

Actually it is Curly, Moe, and Larry. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: FALL OUT FROM THE ADMINISPHERE
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2006, 02:10:19 AM »
Quote from: JackD
Quote from: Nortonist 592

Actually it is Curly, Moe, and Larry. :wink:

And Shemp...can't forget Shemp!!

J

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
TONIGHT
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2006, 02:19:03 AM »
Tonight the part of Shemp will be played by John Noonan. :wink:

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Re: TONIGHT
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2006, 07:54:19 AM »
Quote from: JackD
Tonight the part of Shemp will be played by John Noonan. :wink:

...well he'd hardly make a convincing curly :lol:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
TERMS OVERHEARD IN THE SHED.
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2006, 09:12:10 AM »
A Sheered Sheep is known as a Shemp.
Who better for the job than John.
At least with him you can see where his head is.
The MC rulers are less obvious if you apply even just basic common sense.
The rest of them already snatched him bald, now they want to pick his bones. :wink:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2006, 11:41:45 AM »
Break the side valves off to have their own records.  And print the all the biker rule books separately.  The costs would be minimal with even more blank pages than now.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Forget the book!
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2006, 11:54:30 AM »
Just fly the flag.
The rules are no more permanent than the direction of the wind.
The value of the individual record is no more than the paper it is printed on and whatever you can convince anybody of.
It has deteriorate to a gang mentality with 1 guy holding the gun and the followers under the influence. :wink:

Was that too harsh ?

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2006, 10:33:55 PM »
Rules change.  They have to.  What needs to be done instead of a meeting at Bonneville or whatever way its done.  The M/C committee needs to poll the racers on rule changes.  How would it be done?  I'm not sure.  But changes should not happen over a winter.  Particularly when rule books don't come out until a few weeks before the first event.  I know the changes were put out on the SCTA website some time ago.  But changes should be at least a year in advance.  It is interesting to note that Modified is now Modified Production.  But there is no mention of that class in the 2006 rule book.  Is this an oversight?  Will we get another 1000 classes for Modified Production?  Am I being sarcastic?  No, I'm asking a question.  The rule changes are profound and what was once a modified has to now compete in Special Construction.  And run against those records.  A Production bike with a few mods now can run against Modified records.  Will records be broken?  Perhaps.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Back when the racers had a voice
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2006, 02:47:03 AM »
Their were actually very few changes and all the participants had a chance to not only ask for a clarification  but suggest changes that were voted on with a show of hands before going to the board for final approval.
When that participation was taken away, it was down hill from there and the program suffers for it. :wink:

Offline panic

• My tech papers
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2006, 10:16:58 AM »

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
ANOTHER CORRECT EVALUATION
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2006, 11:54:40 AM »
The MC committee as Panic suggests no longer exists.
The transition from AMA to SCTA was actually pretty smooth.
 The field was trimmed and modernized to better fit the sport and the input from the real participants.
 The effort was to try and make them just another class of LSR entry with the same treatment as the cars.
 The bikes have always had to deal with the "RED HEADED STEP CHILD" reputation a bit.
 The better the program was run could serve as a lesson for everyone also.
  Sadly the program has deteriorated to what you see today and generates more laughs
 than respect for real accomplishments.
A very accomplished member of the field and principal in the industry told me he thought naming
 him to the so called "COMMITTEE" was no more than an effort to shut him up.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

I have an idea for a contest for the best caustic or harsh remark related to the rules or rules makers of the day.
 A week will take too long and I think there is enough brain power around to make it really interesting.
 The prize would be the satisfaction that you did your part towards the continuity of the sport and not the certain death. :wink: