Author Topic: Thought I'd say hello.  (Read 6964 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
thought
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 02:17:31 PM »
Just remember the car guys own the clocks.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

jprovo

Thought I'd say hello.
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 02:22:01 PM »
FMJ,

Thanks, I thought the only cure was to go faster!!  :twisted:

jprovo

Thought I'd say hello.
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 02:24:42 PM »
I'm actually real intreated in the Bub's event. No Stupid all-leather leather rules, a bunch of cool machines to look at. Sounds like a good time.

Thanks to the car guy who owns the clocks!

bak189

Thought I'd say hello.
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 02:42:36 PM »
Yep....No leathers problems at the BUB Meet......No A versus M class
problems.....you run a passenger in your sidecar....in fact you can even ride a passenger on your solo
bike.....like the BMW crew did in
2005 at 164mph. "Run what you brung"  But after first running BNI back in 1954....I still have a soft spot for the "good old car guys" Sidecar racers love EVERYBODY

bak189

Thought I'd say hello.
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 04:09:18 PM »
Oh no....Oh no, I lied...a couple of years ago for a couple of hours I did not love everybody....We set a record with a already sealed motor
(sealed the year before) and M/C Tech. told me the seal did not count...."tear the motor down"
I was a very unhappy person, to the point where I was told "shut-up or your off the salt" I tore the motor down...it was then explained to me that some "low life" (who shall remain nameless) racer had made his own SCTA/BNI seal to seal his motors to keep from having to tear them down after a record run. So the way I understand it now the seal is only good for that days or week event....it is in the rule-book...under the car part not the M/C rules SO READ THE BOOK FROM FRONT TO REAR, so you can love everybody!!!!!

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
Thought I'd say hello.
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 11:10:06 PM »
Hi James,   Glad you could make it to the meeting.  Its a good club despite the fact that most of the guys have to have four wheels.  If you put them on two wheels they tend to fall over.  I think you might like El Mirage and Bonneville.  It is addictive and fun.  Hope to see you next month.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.