Author Topic: 'Sabotage' to Car at SpeedWeek Impound?  (Read 21654 times)

Offline Tman

Re: 'Sabotage' to Car at SpeedWeek Impound?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »
It is up this morning, just read it. Reeks of arrogance.

"The folks who usually show up at a Bonneville event weren’t accustomed to seeing a compact Japanese sedan among their hot rods and streamliners, so to say that we stuck out would be an understatement. " his quote.

Umm.......wasn't the Hondata car on the cover of the rulebook? Like he is the first to show up with an import? How about MG decades ago? Wanker.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 11:19:54 AM »
I recall Ron Jolliffe's "salt injection".  We were astounded.  Certainly not the norm.  With over 1000 people involved in crews and drivers, it's still a very small percentage of "bad guys".
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 11:24:45 AM »
To quote the article . . . "As luck would have it, Holdener knew the record for that class was 202.301 mph."

Didn't know it required luck to read the Rule Book.  As for Japanese cars, seems like a Mitsubushi set top time of the World Finals this year in the rain at 212 or so (way off his record).
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 11:27:11 AM »
Sacrebleu  :-o Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 11:30:16 AM »
. . . and again . . ."Holdener and Habrzyk arrived in our tow truck a few minutes later, declaring that I hit 203.4 mph. A few minutes later, the Southern California Timing Association (SCTA) confirmed it."

The SCTA confirmed (with a time slip, I guess) the speed they had announced (thanx, Glen).

What a bunch of crap!

Offline Tman

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 11:33:56 AM »
Hey guys, Tony has a new avatar!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 11:59:34 AM »
Hey guys, Tony has a new avatar!

I noticed, I have a kink in my neck :roll:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline dw230

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 12:06:10 PM »
I need to clarify my earlier post. As Kent says, Tom and Richard are OK guys, long time LSR racers. They had the same car at Speed Week, ran into some problems and did not record.

The author of the article was the one I was referring to.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 04:37:38 PM »
"The folks who usually show up at a Bonneville event weren’t accustomed to seeing a compact Japanese sedan among their hot rods and streamliners, so to say that we stuck out would be an understatement. " his quote.

This is of course total cr*p. There have been Mazda rx's, Hondas and others for years, many over 200 or setting other records. Only way someone would sabotage this clown is for being a clown, not for what he was driving. JMHO
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline RichFox

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 04:52:05 PM »
I can't find my 3/8 speed handle and 1/2 12 point socket. I know I had it last weekend. Must be sabotage. Somebody is worried about the Stude or the Dodge Bros.

Offline Tman

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »

This is of course total cr*p. There have been Mazda rx's, Hondas and others for years, many over 200 or setting other records. Only way someone would sabotage this clown is for being a clown, not for what he was driving. JMHO

Or a cool 240sx huh Jack? :cheers: He was a self centered clown with blinders on.

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 05:16:26 PM »

Or a cool 240sx huh Jack? :cheers: He was a self centered clown with blinders on.

Won't be cool until it goes at least 10mph faster (and breaks my own record)  :-D (and maybe a little more than Don McMeekins car with the F motor.  :evil That would be nice- until he makes it run and then will be out of sight if his past behavior is any indication. )
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 05:19:07 PM by jacksoni »
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 11:15:51 PM »
Closest I came to sabotoge was someone stealing my 1953 Schwin bicycle after I made a run to the pits to get some tools
to have my engine pumped in impound at the Muroc Reunion. While my back was turned, it was taken. I've been pissed every since!
Ed

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 01:05:33 AM »
i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure someone took one of the shoulder belts out of the car.  i'm also pretty sure that they had to get another one before they could run. 

never heard about joliffs incident.  that's terrible. 
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Tman

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 01:42:50 AM »
i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure someone took one of the shoulder belts out of the car.  i'm also pretty sure that they had to get another one before they could run. 

never heard about joliffs incident.  that's terrible. 

One? I thought there was security after we al leave? Expand on this nate, please.