Author Topic: Getting Anxious.....  (Read 3883 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Getting Anxious.....
« on: March 01, 2006, 05:29:07 PM »
I'm getting anxious to hear from Joe and Jon.  If they left last night at 11:00 I figure they ought to maybe be there in the next couple hours or maybe they are there now.  Of course it is already about 9:30 tomorrow morning there now (3:30 PM mt time here now).  I fell asleep last night trying to figure out how you could leave here one day and get there two days later yet the flight takes less than a day.  I finally managed it.

This is more exciting than going to B'ville and I'm not even there :P .

How about an update Jon :?:

c ya, Sum

Offline Reverend Hedgash

Welcome
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 06:52:26 PM »
A big welcome to Australia Jon and others!! (Not seen yet though...) I'll PM you our mobile in case you get into trouble.

Dr Goggles and I, our engine man Grumm, Ben and his Kawasaki 1000 drag bike, respective girlfriends are leaving for the salt tomorrow night from Melbourne.

Hopefully see you on the road on the way in.

Sad you couldn't make it Sum. Next year? I am still on track for Bonneville this year...

Rev. H+

Offline Freud

Arrival
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 07:13:26 PM »
Its 4:07 on the Pacific Coaast as I write  this. I checked on their flight status about 10 minutes ago. They left 5 minutes late and arrived 24 minutes early n Sydney. When I checked it was 10:30AM Australia time and they arrived about 7:25AM plus or minus a few. Their flight to Adelaide was rescheduled on Quantus and I did not try to research it.
They have arrived and since they were reticketed in San Francisco I imagine their luggage was forwarded to their next flight.

We will probably get a post from Jon when they arrive in Adelaide. That could be 5-7 hours depending on how long they are in Sydney. So maybe before Midnight tonight, PST zone, they may be done flying.

FREUD
Since '63

landracing

Re: Welcome
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 07:41:21 PM »
Quote from: Reverend Hedgash
respective     friends are leaving for the salt tomorrow night from Melbourne.

Rev. H+

We saw a few respective asses, I mean Aussies in the airport... Sometime both at the same time.

Dont worry Hedgash, we brought a couple respectable Harley Davidson Tshirts that they can       for us....

Jon

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
Re: Welcome
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 07:41:39 PM »

Sad you couldn't make it Sum. Next year? I am still on track for Bonneville this year...
Rev. H+

I might try hard for next year.  I'll see if these guys can live through the flys :wink: .  Be sure and let me know if you are coming my way before B'ville.  If you flew into Phoneix I could even get you a ride all the way by my place and to the salt probably.  I can put you up in Blanding.

c ya, Sum

I had to go edit this as it looks like you guys (Jon and Joe) have arrived some place while I was typing.

Good :!:  :!:  :!:

Offline Reverend Hedgash

huh?
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 07:49:00 PM »
...er either you are very tired or something... but I didn't understand a word of that post. ? :?:

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
Re: huh?
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 07:52:19 PM »
...er either you are very tired or something... but I didn't understand a word of that post. ? :?:

I told you their posts would get more interesting 8) .  I think they think they have the language barrier conquered :roll:  :!:

Sum

Offline Reverend Hedgash

confusion
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 07:59:44 PM »
Sorry Sum,

I meant Jon's post, you snuck in between with yours!

rH+

Offline firemanjim

Getting Anxious.....
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 02:20:53 AM »
Not to worry.Ross and I picked up the bikes around noon and then while I worked on nuncrating Ross picked up the Amo boys at the airport around 2:30. We dived right in and both bikes are uncrated and together,ready to roll.Hope someone has air compressor as neither of us has one.Check out the pic section as some pics were just posted.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Getting Anxious.....
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 07:57:21 AM »
I'm jelousy.... :D  8)  :shock:  :(  :wink:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Getting Anxious.....
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 10:27:57 AM »
Joe and Jon---what a great adventure---we are living through your posts---Go really fast guys----look forward to seeing you on the US SALT
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!