Author Topic: WATCH ESPN BONNEVILLE SHOOTOUT VIDEO RIGHT NOW!  (Read 8564 times)

Offline Tman

Re: WATCH ESPN BONNEVILLE SHOOTOUT VIDEO RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 06:19:14 PM »
Why are there TWO threads? Can the Mods merge them? :roll:

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 06:21:45 PM »
Thank you!  Thank you!!  Thank you!!!  Without your link I never would have had the chance to see it!

You did a great job!  It was wonderful being able to see them go through the timed mile instead of just the start/end of their runs!!  Still, wouldn't trade my place with anyone!!!

See you in August!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

velocity

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 09:04:09 PM »
The two threads are my fault. I couldn't figure out how to change "Sunday" in the subject line and worried too many folks would miss the broadcast so I created a new one that also included the direct link to the video online. Jon, can you combine these two threads so folks don't get confused?

As it turns out I need not have worried.  The segment got bumped due to more NASCAR news than usual. I'll find out when it reschedules and post a note here.

The plan is to expand the short segment into something a bit more grand. If the ESPN folks keep the cadence, pacing, rhythm and visual excitement at the same high level in the expanded version we are all in for a very special treat.

A big helmet tip to Andrienne Sack and Chris Bloxom at ESPN, they were nothing but consummate pros throughout the entire shooting and post-production process exhibiting a genuine, respectful curiosity for the sport of land speed racing. It was great pleasure to work with them.

LandSpeed Louise

Offline draglc

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 10:36:47 PM »
thanks for the link.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 11:14:17 PM »
thanks for the link.
Hey Hayden. Didja see the umbrella and chair at 0:35?  :cheers: Wayno

Offline dw230

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2011, 12:53:03 AM »
Elmo,

Be wary of leaving your chair on your post. I did that a couple of years ago, needed to find my spot - got down there and my chair went missing.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline dw230

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »
The Cook Shootout/ESPN video was just on the Nation Wide practice show on Speed. I think this program is repeated later this evening/early tomorrow morning. I got only the last few minutes.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth