Author Topic: National/International Governing Body for Mile & Kilo Venues?  (Read 27241 times)

Offline JonAmo

Re: National/International Governing Body for Mile & Kilo Venues?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 07:48:22 AM »
Too many variables ... course length/surface/shutdown/altitude ... not to mention certification

Really???????????? The only variable that should be listed is you. You get to pick your poison and run. The rules should be the constant, have you ever read the international rules?  IN the rules it states why the meaning of a standing start, flying mile etc. Like I said you pick your poison on where to run.

Jon

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 08:34:58 AM »
Dean:

Touchy ( :roll:)

Jon

PS  Done!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 10:00:56 AM »
Sounds like a bunch of PC, Kumbaya, one world BS. I'll settle for the SCTA and other domestic groups thank you.  :-D

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 10:10:24 AM »
So Tman.  You run at El Mirage; Texas; Wilmington; Loring; Mojave.  Completing a pass at each which of the speeds that you achieve is the "best" (perhaps a Worlds best) ......... and why?

I guess you support "The World Series". LOL

Malcolm
Derby, England
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline sabat

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2011, 10:43:40 AM »
Jon:

Glass houses  :-D

Dean

(PS - there is no such thing as a Production ZX15)

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 12:07:16 PM »
All NHRA records have not been set at the same venue.  They differ in climate and altitude.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Tman

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 12:08:58 PM »
So Tman.  You run at El Mirage; Texas; Wilmington; Loring; Mojave.  Completing a pass at each which of the speeds that you achieve is the "best" (perhaps a Worlds best) ......... and why?

I guess you support "The World Series". LOL

Malcolm
Derby, England

Yes, on the series, I hear Iceland is a hotbed for baseball lately tho :roll:

Just like the French and Swiss like to lay claim to International governing bodies. We can lay claim to World records as well.  :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »
Dean:

PM sent -- to get this hijack over with for now.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline joea

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 12:56:08 PM »
mox...as the economy changes or not...lets compare apples to apples at least...

its gotten to the point that folks get a gps speed and claim "new world record"....

used to be the world record distance was a kilo or a mile, meaning the timing trap is a kilo
or a mile......twice....

so at bonneville or any FIM venue to set a record you get up to speed THEN maintain it for a 5280 ft.....twice....

ie folks are comparing 1mile records and speeds to what FIM venues and SCTA racers speeds.....

the 1 mile and 1.5mile venues the timing trap is 132 ft a record is one time........to set FIM SCTA (bonn) you
maintain your speed for 40 TIMES the distance.......then again 40 times the distance......

a bonneville or FIM record speed maintained is equivalent of 80 runs on the 1 and or 1.5 mile venues....

much different...

at least have a standard for  the distance, degree of grade (level), timing equip standard....class spec enforcement...

forget about climate and altitude and such...go to your nearest venue that has at least above standards....climate density altitude etc changes
 at each venue by the minute......

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Tman

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2011, 02:04:30 PM »
Or if you have a Ford Diesel you just call EVERY run a World Record! :-D

mox...as the economy changes or not...lets compare apples to apples at least...

its gotten to the point that folks get a gps speed and claim "new world record"....

used to be the world record distance was a kilo or a mile, meaning the timing trap is a kilo
or a mile......twice....

so at bonneville or any FIM venue to set a record you get up to speed THEN maintain it for a 5280 ft.....twice....

ie folks are comparing 1mile records and speeds to what FIM venues and SCTA racers speeds.....

the 1 mile and 1.5mile venues the timing trap is 132 ft a record is one time........to set FIM SCTA (bonn) you
maintain your speed for 40 TIMES the distance.......then again 40 times the distance......

a bonneville or FIM record speed maintained is equivalent of 80 runs on the 1 and or 1.5 mile venues....

much different...

at least have a standard for  the distance, degree of grade (level), timing equip standard....class spec enforcement...

forget about climate and altitude and such...go to your nearest venue that has at least above standards....climate density altitude etc changes
 at each venue by the minute......

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2011, 04:02:07 PM »
Tman, the point of asking about developing an organization to set a criteria for racing on airstrips is to give participants a chance to avoid just what you mentioned, a record claimed by a corporation with no oversight or authority.  LSR takes place on salt, dry lakes, playas like Black Rock, and airports.  Having an "authority" to oversee airport LSR raises the level above small club racing.  Might be nice to know what the mile promoters think, but I'd add the successful rules of the ECTA and their experience with them into the conversation.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline joea

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2011, 04:19:29 PM »
...with respect to "successful rules of the ECTA".....i hope your not referring to the
lack of things like engine measurement.....

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2011, 04:20:48 PM »
Going back a few years ago the BudWeiser rocket was run at Muroc and timed with radar. As I recall it was questionable at that time as it took some time to get the speeds etc. It is still questioned by some.

Each venue has it's own records, LSR is 2 runs in opposite ways with a one or two hour turn around. Most of these have been at Bonneville because of the salt being the best surface for wheel driven vehicles to run on.

Black Rock,El Mirage and Muroc are dirt with each having different lengths and black rock with two way runs and best for jet cars.

Airports 1 mile or 1-1/2 mile one direction only for each venue.

It going to be hard to supervise with each being different. It's going to take a lot to make a new LSA or what ever it's called and it won't happen over night.

I think Jack Dolan is the owner of LSA now.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Tman

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2011, 04:37:21 PM »
Tman, the point of asking about developing an organization to set a criteria for racing on airstrips is to give participants a chance to avoid just what you mentioned, a record claimed by a corporation with no oversight or authority.  LSR takes place on salt, dry lakes, playas like Black Rock, and airports.  Having an "authority" to oversee airport LSR raises the level above small club racing.  Might be nice to know what the mile promoters think, but I'd add the successful rules of the ECTA and their experience with them into the conversation.

I just enjoy having a little fun with topics that get panties in a bunch. Meet me and you will know, no worries Max.  :wink: