Author Topic: World Finals 2011  (Read 43860 times)

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
Re: World Finals 2011
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2011, 09:25:08 PM »
Well, while the audio was less than great and, for the most part, the point of webcasting it all day was to see how a new computer worked when run for an extended period.  So, while I apologize for the lack of content and for annoying those who haven't a penchant for blues music, it looks like the most recent addition to the gear is getting a green light for tomorrow and the rest of the week.  Thanks for your patience today.

As for tomorrow, the first day of racing and weather permitting, we are going to start early, carrying the portable unit with us to the drivers meeting and, with the webcast gods willing, we'll do it live as best we can, then move the semi-official Landracing mobile webcast studio over to behind the timing slip tower and tap into the FM and/or CB broadcast for the day.  I hope we get an early soundcheck, as the aircard I've been using to listen to our output on another computer had the bad fortune of expiring about 4 pm this afternoon.  While I'll see if I can add a gig online, it hasn't happened yet.

Thanks, Slim and Nancy for allowing me to strike another pose at Bonneville, and do the webcast, plus witness firsthand another land speed racing event. 

When I was home between races I carried my 20 year old gearhead jacket down to the blister sisters embroidery shop in Webster Grove to have it dine up with my name on the front, MoxNix on the back, with my company logo under that.  The best laid plans . . . . I go to pick it up and the co. logo is not done.  Seems it needs a better gif and will have to be done later.  Okay, says me, but if I croak from one of the 7 deadly sins, it will be vanity and I'd like the rest of the embroidery attached before next year.  Next, I gra bbed the jacket and wandered over to the dry cleaning establishment that has a big "tailoring" sign in the window, asking if it's possible to have a "save the salt" patch sewn on the right front.  "Today?" says the resident attendant.  Yeh.  He looks at the clock and I offer to pay extra for a rush job.  "Bring back Monday."  Nah, I'll be on the road to B'ville.  Went home, found the sewing kit, attached it skew whiff, pulled out the threads and plan to bring it back NEXT Monday.   
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2011, 09:26:12 PM »
Pete:

Hunh?  They're all there as far as I can see.  The Photobucket is working and so is my laptop's display of the photos.  No such thing as "maxing out" PB for me, unless I don't pay the yearly fee -- and that's been taken care of.  Let me know if you still can't see them all.  The first two should be of the clouds around the top of the mountains.

Speaking of why I use Photobucket -- I like to be able to let folks that don't visit this site - to see photos that I want stored.  Maybe I could do it with landracing.com, but I don't do it that way.  Q. E. D.

By the way, I deleted one of my posts and modified the other.  Looks okay now.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:42:38 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2011, 09:33:02 PM »
Jon:

It was as Pete reported, the first six.  Now, all of your pics in replies #45 & #46 are gone.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2011, 09:52:29 PM »
I'm still seeing the ones in #46 but all the ones in #45 are gone.

Pete

Offline Steve Cole

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2011, 09:58:25 PM »
All I can see in 45 and 46 is a box with the text that "This photo or video has been moved or deleted Photo Bucket"

Offline Tman

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2011, 10:14:44 PM »
Yup, photobucket sucks, I only use it to save board owners bandwidth.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »
Hmm, I dunno.  I looked and they were gone, so I tried re-posting and they look okay now.  I only put two of 'em back there.  Wanna take a check for me?  Thanks.

By the way -- I'm sorry if you're not happy with PB.  I've not had any complaints from my use of it - nor from many, if any, of you folks on the site, so I didn't know you were dissatisfied -- if you are.  Let me know, please.  This, being my fist error problem, is the first hint I've had.

Test posts of PB photos follows:

There oughta be six photos there.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2011, 10:40:26 PM »
I see 'em -- tried to see if they'd go away and they won't -- at least for now.  It's bed time -- drivers meeting at 8.  We hope to have it on the streaming site for your home enjoyment.  See you in the morning.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JamesJ

« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2011, 11:22:09 PM »
yes those are visible

Offline JonAmo

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2011, 11:57:19 PM »
Looks good John, they are all there now.

Jon

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2011, 01:45:17 AM »
They're all looking good now Jon. The way Ray posts where you click on the picture to get a larger one seems to work really well. I'm not sure how he's doing it.

Pete

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2011, 08:56:03 AM »
Waiting in line at Land's End for the sun to come up. 
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Tman

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2011, 09:34:02 AM »
Jon, I was referring to PB from a user standpoint, like my own account. From a board viewer standpoint, the bad issue is a couple years down the line and these threads will be void of photos. Even worse when someone is reading a technical thread and the detail pics are gone. That is just about boards in general, not directly aimed at this one.

Thanks for the coverage.  :cheers:

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2011, 09:49:17 AM »
Audio is a go.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing