Author Topic: Record's and Cash.................  (Read 25707 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Record's and Cash.................
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2011, 09:04:09 AM »
Bob, Let me see if I got this right, You left Lakesters because the bar was being set too high---and went to Roadsters, where teams such as Contriviance Enginering and Hot Rod Holigians are marching through the record books, go figure?.

I predict that sooner than later there will be a team emerge like So-Al that will march through the Classic Classes,  They will get the cleanest body,  really aero clean it up (within the rules of course) develop the latest tech eng at 50-100M, and come slaughter the records---there are already some contenders playing. 

What will probabaly lead the way is a team with a common platform with each driver having his own eng, or a joint effort.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2011, 12:14:38 PM »
  My 1947 Flixible which is unrestored, currently houses Studebaker parts and a family of Squirrels.
  Someone had replaced the original Buick with a GMC Toroflow (?) 4 cycle deisel before I got it.
  I got to ride in a Buick powered "stocker" a few years back, and the sound brought back a lot of great memories.
  Maybe we should put that sixteen port Buick in it and try for the 130 club............... :cheers:
                Bob
Bob Drury

Offline jdincau

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2011, 02:03:44 PM »
If we are to have seperate classes for the financialy gifted can we also have some for the mentaly gifted. I hate running against those smart guys.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2011, 02:17:43 PM »
  the problem is that if they are really smart, they ain't one of us................ 
                                   Sign me, broke and happy Bob
Bob Drury

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2011, 02:37:43 PM »
If an aging multi milionaire wants to enjoy the time he has left by turning his money into noise and having the time of his life, I have no problem with it. If I was in his place Id do the same thing.........but Im not. I still enjoy watching him do it though. Beats leaving the money behind for the relatives to urinate away.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:41:08 PM by mtkawboy »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2011, 04:23:06 PM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Speaks to MY SPONSORSHIP ---TKI  the kids inheritance  :-D

Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2011, 04:24:43 PM »
So-Al/ Hot Rod already has records in the classic class. Maybe they can find another open class to embarrass themselves again................................... :-P
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »
 :cheers:

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2011, 09:00:33 PM »
Bob, Let me see if I got this right, You left Lakesters because the bar was being set too high---and went to Roadsters, where teams such as Contriviance Enginering and Hot Rod Holigians are marching through the record books, go figure?.

I predict that sooner than later there will be a team emerge like So-Al that will march through the Classic Classes,  They will get the cleanest body,  really aero clean it up (within the rules of course) develop the latest tech eng at 50-100M, and come slaughter the records---there are already some contenders playing. 

What will probabaly lead the way is a team with a common platform with each driver having his own eng, or a joint effort.

Now Sparky don't give our secrets away !!!

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2011, 10:28:04 PM »
Charles  sorrry if I outed you!!

Offline mitchell968

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2011, 11:34:33 PM »
do any of these big $$$ teams run in g str ? if so i need to call john beck and tell him to build me a more POWERFUL mill. oh wait , will that make me a big $$$ team ? hhhmmmmmm ? i dont own an enclosed trailer , so, i guess not. back in my boat racing days, i raced ( every other weekend) against a big money guy/team and regularly beat his ass on the course  . he made me try harder with what very little money i had and it paid off with a couple trophies. i understand what you are gittin at mr bob, just cant  do anything more then give them absolute hell on the racing surface as a broke racer . its works.       :-)     mitchell

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2011, 11:51:02 PM »
   Confusious say:
                  More NITRO is the answer to any and all problems in life.................... :-D
                                                              Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2011, 12:09:42 AM »
Nitro is around $55 a gal.  Should there be a limit on how much you can buy?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2011, 12:19:14 AM »
That means some roadsters or other types of fuel cars if qualified for a record will have about $4500 in the two runs with nirtro and incidentals (motor rebuild allowance).  If you spin the Micky's you can add another $1700. Take that out further for four days on the salt and the number goes through the roof.  So what was the question?  Its all relative to what you want to do. Tony
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2011, 01:40:46 AM »
Bob, you are asking a good question.  My books about land speed racing in the early days show a young crowd having fun racing all sorts of street based stuff.  Most were blue collar working guys and gals.  Lately young people with jobs are lucky and good paying blue collar work is scarce.  It costs big money just to build a car and creating a record setting auto is beyond almost all people's budget, young or old.

There are a few good ideas at BUB that others could use.  There is no competition for total points at year's end.  This removes the incentive for fast people to sweep all of the classes they can enter and win.  This leaves more opportunities for other less talented racers to get records.  BUB also has coins for various speeds such as 100 mph, 150 mph, 200 mph, etc.  This gives a person something to take home after the meet in addition to a time slip.  It is sort of like the USFRA 130 and 150 clubs.  The rule changes are a bit more structured and sensible, too.  This is a big, big, deal for a low budget guy.

My feelings are that it is possible to have land speed racing events for lots of people who are not high rollers.  First, there needs to be something for them to win besides records.  Second, some limits need to be placed on the gifted so they do not grab everything.  Perhaps only being allowed to enter in one class per meet?  Third, rule changes need to be carefully done with as much advance notice as possible.  That is all I can think of for now.  I hope it helps.