Author Topic: 2011 Bonneville Speedweek Videos ~ Post em here!  (Read 17562 times)

Offline DallasV

Re: 2011 Bonneville Speedweek Videos ~ Post em here!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 11:12:32 PM »
This is our first attempt at in car video, 222 mph in our roadster, we still need some work. Our poor driver on the first video was strapped tight in the car for nearly 45 minutes while the emergency crew was helping with a fight in the pits. the second video the camera got jacked up but the car gets a little loose off the push truck so that is kind of cool, he also misses high gear a couple of times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSjWyZDCv2I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDnUhLHRArs&feature=related

We'll get the video figured out better next time.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:18:02 PM by DallasV »
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline Tman

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 10:28:50 AM »
Fight in the pits? Never heard about that one.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 10:51:36 AM »

A lot of us were looking for the guy, not sure if they ever found him?  He must of hid in the porta potty. :x

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 12:08:51 PM »
Dallas..Where was your camera mounted. It looks like it is on the front edge of the roll bar. I didn't think the side edges of the windscreen would move so much...........JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline DallasV

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »

A lot of us were looking for the guy, not sure if they ever found him?  He must of hid in the porta potty. :x

Mr. Lee Kenedy tracked them down and the local authorities hauled them off. I immagine that felt like a lifetime for those guys waiting for the cops to show up. Rumor has it that it was 2 crew members that were duking it out.

Dallas..Where was your camera mounted. It looks like it is on the front edge of the roll bar. I didn't think the side edges of the windscreen would move so much...........JD

It was mounted on the front hoop of the rollcage. we extended the wind screen to meet the new aluminum wraparound skirt we put around the back of the cage. we didn't add any additional screws though. so wee learned something. also being able to see the throttle helps train our driver on how to feather out of the throttle rather thain just bailing out and jumping back on it. so I'm glad we got it to work.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:58:14 PM by DallasV »

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 02:50:25 PM »
If I just watched that first video two or three times a year it could save me a lot of money in towing, entry fees, etc.  Noticed how it was seeking around thru the 4 and 5.

Thanx,
Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline DallasV

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 02:59:31 PM »
If I just watched that first video two or three times a year it could save me a lot of money in towing, entry fees, etc.  Noticed how it was seeking around thru the 4 and 5.Thanx,
Stan

It does that when the horse power runs out  :wink:

Offline Tman

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »
Good video Dallas. Thanks! :cheers:

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 03:23:40 PM »
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline Steve Cole

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 10:03:58 PM »
That story has to bring one to wonder what Ford really did. On the SCTA web site it only shows 1 record was set but the story says 3. The rule book requires you to run event fuel and the story says they ran B20 for the record speed runs? So one has to wonder what they were really running.

Offline dw230

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 11:21:43 PM »
For the one record I certified they ran event diesel. They then put their stuff in and ran for the press.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 12:11:27 AM »
Dallas... Your comment on the "HP running out" behind a 32 grille shells is what makes or breaks a roadster driver. Well let's just say "a guy who is along for a ride"..I'll never forget my first one...............JD

PS. Gotta get me one of those cameras
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 12:58:43 AM »
  Dallas and J.D.,
  I have often heard people make that comment but am not smart enough to figure out why it happen's.
  Is it the loss of torque, or perhap's the fact that you no longer are pushing as hard into the air, or a change in the attitude of the car?
  My friend Harvey Stackhouse is a engineer with Michelin Tire and believes most of it has to do with the bias ply tires most of us run.
  By the way, I sent Harvey over to talk with Tom Burkland and when he came back he said of Tom, "That is one very smart guy who know's more about tires than most Tire manufacturer's".
  Harvey helped develop the Space Shuttle's tires, and is now the head of Michelin's aircraft tire division.
  He is very interested in our sport but say's it is very unlikely that any tire manufacturer in today's world will be willing to build a brand new "radial design" tire for us because of cost and liabiblity issues, aka Lawyer's.....................  Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Steve Cole

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 11:21:18 AM »
For the one record I certified they ran event diesel. They then put their stuff in and ran for the press.

DW

So SCTA knows nothing about 3 records being set? If you read that article is sure confuses the issue to say the least.

Offline dw230

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 12:33:17 PM »
Another case of shoddy reporting. To some a personal best is record.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth