Author Topic: Tonights Banquet  (Read 5932 times)

landracing

Tonights Banquet
« on: February 19, 2006, 01:53:13 AM »
The banquet was a success.... I would like to thank Glen Freudenberger for putting it on it was a real treat just like the 4 others... This time Burk LeSage was guest speaker and put on a good show... It is great to start the new year off early with the gathering...

I found out today that Keith Turk will be making the trip to Australia to watch... Art Dick and family are also going over to help a guy running a diesel truck... And Bob Opperman will also be going and will be able to make the last few days of the event in Australia to watch... So there will be a few more from the States that are going...

Great turnout, the food was great, the stories were great, a group went to see World's Fastest Indian on Friday night...

Lots of door prizes were given out, the ladies got their own numbers for special bags of goodies, candies, flowers and cash... Landracing.com donated a few items a couple models, Mickey Thompson book, Sir Malcolm Campbell book...

Don Pennington did another great water painting of Al Teagues evolution and it was auctioned off for about $575 and Seth Hammond was the winner, but Marlo walked out with it....

Marlo Treit reported the tire deal in Oregan is a dead deal. And it tires will not happen from this outfit. So back to ground zero or close to it.. There has been talk about Cooper tire????

The conclusion of the event which was very touching for me was Glenn Freud and Glenn Barrett presented me a special little trophy, "Presented to To Jon Amo, Landracing.com. for Dedication to Land Speed Racing, B'Ville NW Reunion Feb 18, 2006." That was sure unexpected and really means alot to me... It really put it in perspective for me that all you do appreciate the website.. Thanks...

The whole event was filmed and I will be working a DVD as soon as I get home that will be available on the site...

More on that later...

Jonathan Amo

landracing

Tonights Banquet
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 02:07:11 AM »
I did not bring my camera to this event because I was doing the video.. But here is a picture from my camera phone of my award given to me from the Glenn... I know not very good resolution but you get the picture.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Tonights Banquet
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 02:37:46 AM »
Well deserved Jon, good deal. Can't wait for the DVD to see who the real trouble makers were, we know Glen was there & he's learned alot from Keith...
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Tonights Banquet
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 10:24:10 AM »
Quote from: landracing
The banquet was a success....

The conclusion of the event which was very touching for me was Glenn Freud and Glenn Barrett presented me a special little trophy, "Presented to To Jon Amo, Landracing.com. for Dedication to Land Speed Racing, B'Ville NW Reunion Feb 18, 2006." That was sure unexpected and really means alot to me... It really put it in perspective for me that all you do appreciate the website.. Thanks...

Sounds like a great event and you sure do deserve the award.

c ya, Sum

Offline Freud

Jon's Donations to the door prize collection
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 12:56:02 PM »
There is no way I can express my appreciation to Jon for his contribution. Two sets of the crystals, Sams bike and Burklands liner, a Mickey Thompson book that is rare, a Sir Malcomb Campbell book and a several other models really got the attention of the guests.
This banquet gives the LSR crowd an opportunity to see people that are just about impossible to locate on the Salt.

My thanks go to the staff of the Portland Airport Shilo Inn. They make it possible for us to really share an enjoyable weekend.

Thanks again to Jon. The little weasel done good.

Australia, get ready for the Yankee  invasion. Kinda' like a pregnancy......it's too late to back out now.

The 2007 banquet will be February 17th.

Freud
Since '63

Offline smitty2

• Worlds fastest miniature Pachyderm.
Tonights Banquet
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 01:52:15 PM »
My wife and I had a great time last year, and I'm sorry I had to miss this year. As I write this I'm sitting in a Starbucks in Long Beach waiting to get on a boat for a trip down Mexico way :D That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
 Jon... You really deserve a trophy for the website, and thanks be heaped upon you!
 Freud you put on an excellent party... Many thanks to you also!
 See you all next year if not sooner...     Smitty

Offline don pennington

• Cool Old Decals
    • http://www.hotrodmotors.com
Tonights Banquet
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 07:07:10 PM »
Jon-

Thanks to Glenn for his efforts in putting this event on once again.

Congratulations on the award, it is well deserved. Sorry I missed the banquet and the appreciation you received. Thank you for all your efforts I enjoy the site a great deal and if I can assist you in any way please let me know (I don't know nuthin' 'bout cumpooters but I can do other stuff). Again, CONGRATULATIONS.
Old style water decals
www.hotrodmotors.com

Offline Freud

Kudos to DON PENNINGTON
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 09:48:54 PM »
Don, I just arrived home an hour ago. I hoped to get this THANK YOU message posted before you left a note.

Folks, if you want to go home from our banquet unhappy all you have to do is leave withou the artwork that Don donates.

He is masterful. His knowledge and feel for B'ville is expressed in his art. Last years canvas or Teague's 'liner with the chute on the ground was excellent. This collage of the evolution of number 76 is gorgeous. Including the old B'ville sign in the background ties it all together. It looks like the cars, it looks like the salt and it feels like race cars and Bonneville. It takes a knowledge of the place and an ability to transfer it to the canvas.  Pennington is well qualified on all facets of the project.

Seth Hammond showed the same determination to own it as he demonstrates when he goes after a record. There is no stopping until he accomplishes his goal.

Don, you added so very much to our banquet and I am sorry you weren't there is feel the enthusiam that the crowd showed for your painting.

I am very indebted to you for your contribution to the Bonneville Northwest Banquet.   THANK YOU, most sincerely.

Dr. Glenn Freudenberger
Since '63

Offline don pennington

• Cool Old Decals
    • http://www.hotrodmotors.com
Tonights Banquet
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 02:17:37 AM »
Thank you... kind words from a generous guy. See you on the salt.
Old style water decals
www.hotrodmotors.com

Offline Freud

Further kudos
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 12:23:53 AM »
The support I receive from some special people needs to be acknowledged.
For helping me decide to do this event 5 years ago,
helping with registration, doing the 50/50 drawing and always being close by when a special need arises.....Tammy McDowell
For assisting Tammy and learning me how to party...Bill McDowell
For the flowers for the ladies and head table decorations.....Hazel Nielsen
All of this years first time attendees.
Door prizes and website support........Jon Amo
Marlo Treit , Tanis Hammond and Seth Hammond for their generous bidding on our art pieces.
Don Pennington for his expressive donated art works.
Burke LeSage for a glimpse into the past and early info on Bonneville.
Glen Barrett, Tanis Hammond, Mike Cook,Tom Bryant and Burke LeSage for speaking at this young event.
Brotherly guidance, a wealth of historical knowledge, suggestions on banquets,recently assumed the Historian roll, contacts with people of interest and support in ALL ways.......Glen Barrett.
Without any fanfare there are two people that constantly give way beyond anyones expectations. The story of this banquet has already been written and submitted for publication. Instead of just bench racing, Cris Shearer made a job of the event. For every foto that she did, she also entered name, rank and serial number of those people in her notebook. Her pictures and detailed coverage of the banquet are treasures. But what's different about that? NOTHING. Cris and Ed are the most giving people in our entire family. Birthday cards, get well cards, phone calls to people who need a boost and always remembering is Cris' nature. I can't praise them enough.
An outsider that has weaseled his way into our group while being dragged along by Jeannie Pflum is Michael Lueders. He provided a beautiful portfolio of pictures that I never have time to do. His CD that he gave me before he left makes the historian very happy. Maybe next time he will bring some rockets.
43 years of sharing and booking rooms for me while always busy on his own projects....Marlo Treit.
And always silently supporting me and allowing me the freedom necessary to put this event together,all the time providing the needed care for her aging mother, my wife of 51 years, Doris.

And all of you people that attend our Portland Banquet.......

Thank You Most Sincerely,

Dr. Glenn Freudenberger
Everett, WA
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
tonights banquet
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 12:03:23 PM »
For those that attended the 5th NWLSR banquet Thanks. Putting it on requires lots of hours and contacts. Freud and I are on the phone a lot looking for ways to improve it each year. This year we discussed ways to aid us and we came up with a couple of forms to help. It would mean a lot for each of you to fill out and return the forms in a timley manner so we can start planning for the 2007 banquet.

For all of those that attended we thank you as it means it's working wiith the return of old and the new or first timers.

Respectfully submitted

Glen Barrett
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline michael lueders

Re: Further kudos
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 03:07:04 PM »
Freud thanks goes to you, Glen, Jon and the rest of the crew, you guys did all the heavy lifting.
I'm just glad to help. Hope I did not blind too many with all the camera flashes! Seriously, my pleasure and truly an honor from an "outsider's" point of view.

On the rocket note, do you think the Shilo inn would mind some low flying mach one projectiles next year or should I just save them for the salt?

Freud, in an earlier post you said, "Thanks again to Jon. The little weasel done good." If that's the case, as a budding weasel, then I'm in good company.

Oh, and for the record, Jeannie need not drag me where I would gladly go!
 :lol:
Michael