Author Topic: On the Scene at SpeedWeek 2011  (Read 209912 times)

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
Re: On the Scene at SpeedWeek 2011
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2011, 12:44:57 PM »
Lars should have put a pinch of Copenhagen in the tank.  (Snus, Lars).  
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/

Offline jeffb

« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2011, 01:09:02 PM »
"Jay Allen, Broken Spoke racing qualified on his 3000cc HD @ 185.117 on a 182.? record. I think it's MPS-PG"

I wonder how Jay Allen is running the "M" class.  I am about 90% sure he has S&S cases.  It would be nice if they weren't enforcing that rule any more.  Looking at the run logs, he was in MPS-PG.

Jeff

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2011, 01:14:07 PM »
On the Wilcox Garage roadster spin..If you've never driven a roadster when it runs out of power (pulling) it will start its dance and you will be along for the ride. Most of the time it has nothing to do with your skills, you just need to hopefully to continue to pull all the way through the traps. Most of the time roadster spins happen at the end of their run. For the most part an ill handling one or one thats not heavy enough will do it earlier..........................Love them roadsters.

PS: my son spun ours cause it was too light and I was lucky enough to drive it between the 4 and 5 when it went where it wanted to go without a spin...It gained 1.5 mph in that mile and that's just not enough pushing 32 grille shell..
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2011, 01:14:42 PM »
If he has S&S cases he definately should be in "A" not "M" as this is an SCTA sanctioned event.

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »
The S&S rule depends on if it's the brand of engine in a manufacturing run.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2011, 01:27:38 PM »
Four more:

An ex-ASA oval track car running as a Gas Altered.  (Altered, I guess!!!  Tube frame, fiberglass body.)

Nancy Wennerberg getting pushed off the line.  She ran in the high 180s.

Bobby Moore's Maro Special.  He's still shaking the car down, but ran right around 300 in the 4th mile...which is as far as Lee Kennedy allowed him to run to verify the chute.  He's only 104 mph short of top speed for the meet.

Jack Rogers' Gas Coupe Camaro.  Hmmm...looks a lot like my Camaro.  Well, my little V6 critter isn't quite as fast...bnut it's the same color.  :)

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2011, 01:37:01 PM »
How did Got Salt do this morning ?????
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2011, 01:46:30 PM »
RayTR, if you happen to see the Buzzard Bait 1982 Firebird #897 C/GC in your travels, please pass along a heartfelt "thank you" from Ed Trihey's brother-in-law.  Understand if you're busy, no biggie if it doesn't happen, & thanks for advance if it does.

Offline rockstar

« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2011, 02:04:12 PM »
Thanks to RTR and SSS for great coverage of the event,by the way does anyone know how Bill Anderson
and the screwball sidecar team are doing?

David
Remember Murphy's 6th law,if all goes well,then you have missed something out.

Team Sparrow Racing UK

Offline rogerhickey

• New folks
    • HICKEYSPEED
« Reply #279 on: August 18, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »
Any news on what happen to 444 Vesco Liner,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it looks like they only made one run on Sat or Sun, and haven't heard anything about them since?
Thanks

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #280 on: August 18, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »
I am still among the living.  Nancy has made a few runs in the past two days -- and the bike is stuck at about 190.  I'm gonna suit up and go for a ride on the long course in a little while to see if I can urge the scooter to scoot a bit faster.  I'll be back here again with more stories later.

But -- first of all, the Salt Talks story continues.  I'll post on that thread, too, but I'll officially announce here that - - -

- - - we're going to stage another Salt Talks at World of Speed on Wednesday evening.  It'll be a smaller version since the event is a smaller event, but since the weather played merry hell with us at the SpeedWeek Salt Talks we didn't give away most of the gifts and didn't eat much of the food.  So - we'll do it again for all that want to share some stories and lies and food.  The usual thing will be the going idea -- starting time about six, hamburgers and chips and pop (no pasties, sorry, but maybe some chicken breasts), a few donation cans and some t-shirts and lots of gifts that were donated to help support the site.  If you weren't at SW -- here's your chance to visit.  The Salt Talks 2011 V.2 will be at the Bend in the Road Wednesday night (I don't have a calendar here -- I think it's the 14th or so).  See you there.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #281 on: August 18, 2011, 02:54:11 PM »
I am still among the living.  Nancy has made a few runs in the past two days -- and the bike is stuck at about 190.  I'm gonna suit up and go for a ride on the long course in a little while to see if I can urge the scooter to scoot a bit faster.  I'll be back here again with more stories later.

But -- first of all, the Salt Talks story continues.  I'll post on that thread, too, but I'll officially announce here that - - -

- - - we're going to stage another Salt Talks at World of Speed on Wednesday evening.  It'll be a smaller version since the event is a smaller event, but since the weather played merry hell with us at the SpeedWeek Salt Talks we didn't give away most of the gifts and didn't eat much of the food.  So - we'll do it again for all that want to share some stories and lies and food.  The usual thing will be the going idea -- starting time about six, hamburgers and chips and pop (no pasties, sorry, but maybe some chicken breasts), a few donation cans and some t-shirts and lots of gifts that were donated to help support the site.  If you weren't at SW -- here's your chance to visit.  The Salt Talks 2011 V.2 will be at the Bend in the Road Wednesday night (I don't have a calendar here -- I think it's the 14th or so).  See you there.

I'll be there...and I much prefer the breasts to the pasties.  :)

Offline JR'S PAPA

« Reply #282 on: August 18, 2011, 02:55:15 PM »
Has anyone got word about Frank and Got Salt? Ray had him in impound last night. Hope he sticks it!!!!!
Been there, seen that! And now I can say I participate, with my kid and his kid, J.R...........

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #283 on: August 18, 2011, 03:13:19 PM »
Got Salt had a good run this morning, but I don't know what the speed was.  I've only got an FM handset (it's WAY too confusing to try listening to 4 courses AND the track officials) and didn't catch the speed.

But while I'm waiting for the Hot Rod trophy presentation, here are a few more photos.

The Puryear lakester got a new starter solenoid and also got a good run this morning.

A classic belly tank lakester.

And 2 shots of a Saab 96 that got the record in J/Production...with its 3-cylinder 2-stroke motor.

Offline rambler jack

« Reply #284 on: August 18, 2011, 03:25:00 PM »
Is Skip Hedrich there with the liner?  S.C.T.A shows him as a pre entry but so far no runs or pics.
               Thanks Jack
Temper is what gets most of us into trouble. Pride is what keeps us there
       SCTA GearGrinder