Author Topic: On the Scene at SpeedWeek 2011  (Read 209920 times)

Offline 836dstr

Re: On the Scene at SpeedWeek 2011
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2011, 12:38:44 AM »
YEAH!

Saturday results are up on the SCTA site. My fingers got ahead of me and at first read "resluts". I need to sort that out.

Tom

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2011, 12:43:45 AM »
Yep I read then too..........Glad to see them up.....Sometimes it takes a little time.......I'm sure the fotos will follow soon.....JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline FIL

• Portal to a bunch of my sites
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2011, 01:43:56 AM »
Ray, Slim and everyone else posting up results and photos, thanks heaps, it's very much appreciated...

With a new daughter on board, we'll be staying home in Australia for a few years I suspect, though I plan to introduce her to the salt as soon as she's old enough :)

Good luck to all the racers, I saw a few shots of large puddles in Wendover over the last couple of hours, I hope the salt's not too wet...

Offline Rob

« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2011, 03:41:18 AM »
Thanks to everyone reporting and photographing for those of us who cannot make it.

Results are here for those that asked earlier, Saturday only at this point: http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/Speedweek%202011/results.html

Cheers,
Rob

Offline bigtim44

• NaCl addict
Racing as normal this morning we are NOT rained out.
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2011, 08:13:34 AM »
Even though there were heavy rains last night,racing will begin as normal following record return runs.
Thanks
Tim
Salty Box Racing #622 B/DT

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2011, 09:25:21 AM »
Thye reports of my demise are somewhat premature.  I reported the fatality on Friday.  I don't know the other Ray's last name, but He was the dude who had the huge scaffolding and did the videos of the racing.  May he rest in peace.

Here's a shot from land's end (in sepia tone) and there's only 100 linear feet or so of  water to cross.

I'm on my way.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »
I'm still in the room -- but reading that the water is only near Land's End is good.  I got reports of one (only one) tipped Porta Potty, out by one of the timing towers -- but that's the extent of the damages.  But at the Bend in the Road -- whooo, boy, did we have a storm to mess up Salt Talks.  The wind starting kicking up seriously about 7.30, and at about 7.45 I announced we'd start the drawings and giveaways early because the weather appeared to be getting too bad for us.  At 8 we felt a few raindrops -- and by 8.15 is was raining to beat the band and we had to quit.  We stayed and about a half-hour later the storm was done -- but the ground had turned to sticky goo.  It was great if you wanted to be taller than you used to be -- just walk around and the mud'd cling to your shoes/feet and sure enough, a half-inch taller every few steps.

So we put stuff away into the trailer, put the pickup into four-wheel-drive and still slid and greased to get out.  The trailer is still there -- hope it's moveable today.

We didn't give away many of the prizes at all -- will draw a bunch of ticket numbers today and have the winners get the goodies when they isit our pit -- or something like that.  We've got lots of food left -- I guess the local food bank will be the big winner for the 2011 Salt Talks picnic.

It's about 7.45 Monday morning and I'll hang up, get things put together and head for the salt.  By the way -- I'll be getting daily reports on the records and qualifiers from Dan Warner, I suspect, and once I have that I'll post it.  He hasn't yet had enough time in his busy day to find me.  Things'll start mellowing out and we'll do what we can to let you all know what's what.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2011, 09:57:41 AM »
At the Course 1 starting line, 7:55 am.  Course checking is still under way.  No runs yet, we're all just waiting.  Here are a few photos:

Lotta wind last nite

Fording the lake

Staging lanes.

Offline MC 1314

« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2011, 10:06:10 AM »
Bummer on Salt Talks after all the work you and Nancy did! But, that's racing as some say, eh?

Hope the trailer comes out OK.

Bob

It's just a case of too soon old and too late smart. Will Penny

Offline ziggy12345

• New folks
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2011, 12:09:34 PM »
Doesnt anybody have a video camera???

Cheers

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »
Speed demon ran a few minutes ago and lost electrical power at the 1/4.  It came back on, but George turned out.  Blowfish broke a transmission, so didn't make a return run.  Spectre with Kenny Hoover driving broke somethin relatively minor last nite in one of the last runs on the cours but has it fixed and is buttoning it back uo to head for the starting line.  I think the 6969 Barracuda was able to back up their record this morning, but the radio was garbled...he ran over 240, tho.

More later.

Offline nickleone

« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2011, 12:44:14 PM »
I got to the Salt for Sat and a few hours sunday beforwe heading back to Denver and work.
Seldom Seen Slim was NOT SEEN in my 3 visits to his pits.

In a way I am glad I missed the Sunday storm.

Nick

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2011, 12:47:14 PM »
The reports of my demise are somewhat premature.  I reported the fatality on Friday.  I don't know the other Ray's last name, but He was the dude who had the huge scaffolding and did the videos of the racing.  May he rest in peace.

Oh no! The other Ray was a really nice guy, that's so sad.  :-(
We think he may be the one that captured the notorious video of McVicar's fastest man without a bike video.

Glad you are still with us RTR and thanks for the reporting & pics!  :cheers:

Debbie
Twin Jugs Racing Remote Logistics  :-D
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »
The reports of my demise are somewhat premature.  I reported the fatality on Friday.  I don't know the other Ray's last name, but He was the dude who had the huge scaffolding and did the videos of the racing.  May he rest in peace.

Oh no! The other Ray was a really nice guy, that's so sad.  :-(
We think he may be the one that captured the notorious video of McVicar's fastest man without a bike video.

Glad you are still with us RTR and thanks for the reporting & pics!  :cheers:

Debbie
Twin Jugs Racing Remote Logistics  :-D

Well, one thing for sure.  According to all who attended Ray after the MI said that he was probably dead before he hit the ground.  It was very quick, no suffering, probably very little pain..or at least for a very short time.  I hope that I go that way.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2011, 01:13:37 PM »
Let's see if the cell phone gods are smiling today as I attach 4 images from earlier this morning