Author Topic: more info  (Read 3167 times)

Offline hawkwind

more info
« on: February 16, 2006, 04:04:02 AM »
I checked the records for  A-F 1000 and APS-F 1000  both were set by Guthrie racing in 04 can some one give me details  of these records , interested mostly technical stuff  and type of fuel used , these are what Im running in at Gairdner this March  :)
Gary
slower than most

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
A/F 1000 '04 record
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 08:51:17 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if that bike was ridden by Jason McVicar under the Scott Guthrie banner.  Scott looks at this forum now and then -- I don't think Jason spends much time here.  You might try posting the question on the land-speed@autox.team.net list -- maybe you'll snare one of them there if not here.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

landracing

more info
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 10:03:27 AM »
Neither are part of the land-speed email list..

This vehicle was run with a Yamaha R1, Jason Mcvicar bike and running a Toy fairing..

The Fuel 1000 class jason runs with nitrous and the Toy Fairing.

All he did for the A-F was take the fairing off..

Jason has had some handling issues with the Toy fairing at high speed...

He has left this project for the time being and is now running a Turbo Busa... At bub with this bike he ran 235 open bike.

Jason is on the board as well as Guthrie they will be able to give more info..

Jon

Offline hawkwind

thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 12:32:59 AM »
Thanks  2 x Jons ,you have supplied most of what I was after  :)
Gary
slower than most

racin jason

more info
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 02:50:15 AM »
what would you like to know gary? the bike is a bone stock 98 r1 with a nx nitrous system running erc 110 fuel and a airtech toy fairing. the bike set 6 records at 2004 speedweek and qualified for the 7th record but i didnt take it to impound cause i thought i could go faster. i ran out of time. we found some more power and there is a possibility of the bike returning this year.

Offline hawkwind

more info
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 05:05:04 AM »
Thanks for that jason , we had a production R1 run a few years back ,it topped out at around the 180 mark ,what shots of nitrous where you using ,? as its a big increase from 180mph to 215 mph , how much extra do you think can be contributed to the "toy bodywork"? My friend will  be interested in this as well ,He's running an R1 with modded bodywork ( rear his design and a bussa  front body ) thanks for the reply
Gary
slower than most

racin jason

more info
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 03:32:53 PM »
pm sent gary!