Author Topic: Rooms for Speedweek  (Read 5000 times)

Offline Dave Haller

Re: Rooms for Speedweek
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 01:37:43 PM »
jl222,
He is on the east coast. I understand your frustration. He told my friend, who is absolutely credable, that Ron Main, Mike Cook and the other big teams had lost their room as well as the rest of us. I'm used to rumors being thrown out there just to stir the pot and decided to come out here to see if there was anything to it. My friend is not a trouble maker, he only passed on what he was told by this other guy. I posted my question the same night after looking through posts to see if anyone else had heard anything similar. I knew the racers and fans on this forum would know something and if not the answers would probably come very quickly. I'm on Pacific Time as you are and sure enough had the truth confirmed the following day. I agree, rumor mongers are a pain but they will always be with us. You and I and the others  out there have been experiencing the un-fair price gouging for several years now. I wouldn't put anything past the coroporate owners of the big three so we as a group need to check out that type of information quickly in order to stop the rumors in a timely manner and on the other side of the coin confirm them if true.

Offline jl222

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 01:50:40 PM »
jl222,
He is on the east coast. I understand your frustration. He told my friend, who is absolutely credable, that Ron Main, Mike Cook and the other big teams had lost their room as well as the rest of us. I'm used to rumors being thrown out there just to stir the pot and decided to come out here to see if there was anything to it. My friend is not a trouble maker, he only passed on what he was told by this other guy. I posted my question the same night after looking through posts to see if anyone else had heard anything similar. I knew the racers and fans on this forum would know something and if not the answers would probably come very quickly. I'm on Pacific Time as you are and sure enough had the truth confirmed the following day. I agree, rumor mongers are a pain but they will always be with us. You and I and the others  out there have been experiencing the un-fair price gouging for several years now. I wouldn't put anything past the coroporate owners of the big three so we as a group need to check out that type of information quickly in order to stop the rumors in a timely manner and on the other side of the coin confirm them if true.

Well we don't know who he is but we know what he is :-D

JL222 :cheers:

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 02:23:50 PM »
Something else every one might want to be aware of is that there will be 2 mines opening up.  The gold mine will be just west of Wendover, I believe at the top of the hill.  The other one is a copper mine that is about 30 miles west of town on highway 93.  They are supposed to open in the near future...this year...don't know what that will do to the rooms available, but thought you should know.

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 03:25:31 PM »
Plus there's a six-month gas line project going by Wells that may effect things.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 08:22:51 PM »
And I remind you that I heard that the military was stationing 80 service members (and, no doubt, their families) for a few months - up to six or eight - starting in March.  That's why I probably can't get an apartment like Nancy and I did last year.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Steve Walters

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 10:46:22 PM »
Steve Walters

I got a little more info for the RV'rs coming to Wendover, the Nugget or old State Line RV park is being torn down in April to build a trucking Plaza.  The KOA is booked solid for the summer because of the mine construction.  I was going to contact you Jon and see how you got an apartment, but you already answered that one.  Anybody want to buy some land and develope an RV Park?  Thanks for posting the picture of my Nephew pulling my Cobra to the start line.

Steve Walters / WA'S Bad Banana
I've been from Bone to Blackfoot, but still just a Newbie here.

Wa's Bad Banana
B/CGALT

Offline Bruno

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 02:47:15 PM »
I picked up  two rooms a the Red Garter, today  Pricey to say the least ,  but  I needed them for my crew.