Author Topic: GOOD NEWS FOR GOOD PEOPLE  (Read 3104 times)

Offline POPS

GOOD NEWS FOR GOOD PEOPLE
« on: October 28, 2009, 09:58:22 PM »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR GOOD PEOPLE
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 09:38:42 AM »
Pops, failed to find the good news....  :|  Seemed to be just nascar shit....   :-P
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 09:43:34 AM »
No, no -- please, don't lets start yet another Nascar Plymouthing contest.  I'll wait a few whiles and see what kind of static develops -- then might just suggest the topic go away (great to have the "go away" button on the console of the owner's computer, hey?).
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 09:49:38 AM »
Slim, just thought Pops could direct us to the good news part, not trying to start a pissing (added... I thought this word was on the change list... sorry  :cry:) contest...

BTW Kent, got any Skittles, I ran out Sunday....  :-D)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 09:52:00 AM by Stainless1 »
Stainless

Offline Geo

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 10:49:13 AM »
The article is about Aerodyne Wind Tunnel and the support for the service men and women.  They pay them, keep their job, get special events, support, etc and have been recognised for this effort.

"OohRah!"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 02:53:24 PM »
The article is about Aerodyne Wind Tunnel and the support for the service men and women.  They pay them, keep their job, get special events, support, etc and have been recognised for this effort.

"OohRah!"

I quite agree, that is great news... I still haven't found the article, when I hit the link it goes to a list of stuff.  Thanks to anyone and everyone that supports our troops.
Stainless

Offline krusty

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 05:40:17 PM »
Always happy to promote Gary and his crew; they are the best!             " AeroDyn Wind Tunnel honored: President and CEO of AeroDyn Wind Tunnel, Mr. Gary W. Eaker, received the 2009 Freedom Award at a September 17 ceremony in Washington, DC at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center. AeroDyn Wind Tunnel, is the recipient of the 2009 Secretary of Defense Freedom Award in the Small Business category, specializes in wind tunnel testing for automotive racing. Located in Mooresville, NC, 5 of AeroDyn Wind Tunnel’s 21 employees have served or are serving in the military. Employer support of the military is a company policy, detailed in AeroDyn Wind Tunnel’s “Commitment to Guardsmen, Reservists and their Families” section of their employee handbook. The company offers outstanding support to its activated National Guard and Reserve employees and their families by providing differential pay during deployment; continued employee and enrolled family members’ medical and life insurance benefits during active duty. The company also provides ongoing support and contact via video, phone calls and emails between the deployed employee and their family. Prior to the deployment of an employee, AeroDyn Wind Tunnel closes its 24-hour business for an entire night so that all employees and their spouses could attend a farewell boat cruise. AeroDyn Wind Tunnel actively recruits National Guardsmen and Reservists because of their values, education, training, leadership skills and teamwork. The company has received multiple ESGR state awards including two Patriot Awards, an Above and Beyond Award and the 2008 Pro Patria Award.(Secretary of Defense)(10-27-2009)"   from Jayski.com           vic

Offline Wester

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 09:58:14 AM »
That's the same Gary Eaker who got his red hat in 1989 on a 293.608 speed with a 350 CI motor on gas.  The four 40 pound nitrous bottles in the back window of the Firebird were only used for cooling the intercoolers for the turbochargers.  He ran in a fuel class although the air intake was a foot ahead of the nitrous jets.  The OEM factory aero cladding was all in place and tight against the body panels as well.  That was an impressive car!  I don't remember if that was the year the car ran in November at a private meet.  Whenever it happened, the front end came up at speed, the car did a pirouette on the rear bumper and wiped out the front suspension when the front came back down on the salt.  As I remember (and may well be wrong) John Lingenfelter was driving on that run.

Offline Rick Byrnes

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 04:14:49 PM »
My hat is off to Gary.  The respect and commitment he shows the young men and women serving in harms way is remarkable.  I admire a man who invests that much in our military.

It's really too bad that the people in our government don't feel the same commitment.
OOOOPS
no politics

Rick

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 04:31:58 PM »
Thanks, Rick -- you're right -- politics and more important, political opinions -- don't belong on this site.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com