Author Topic: old pinto based racer/ak millers/huntington ford/bill edwards etc  (Read 1595 times)

Offline srthomsen

• New folks
  • yeah, it IS L.A. surprising huh!
I'm looking for photos (even if the car is in the back ground) of a Pinto based car called a Pangra.
It was put together at Ak Millers in 72 or 73 or 74 , I can't remember! 

The car owner was Huntigton Ford out of Arcadia and the number, I think, was 647.  It had a Ford 2 litre, turbocharged with a Bosch mechanical FI system adapted to the motor by Fairchilds up in Pasadena and Bill Edwards (RIP).

Others who had a hand in it are: Burke leSage & Leonard Carr

Dark blue in color.  Didn't run all that well due to lack of time but it sure was fun!

I know a lot of you guys have a crapload of old photos and if you are in the socal area (I live in Whittier) I would be more than happy to help take a gander at what you may have in my search.

It's over 30 years ago but, hey, that aint too old is it?

sthomsen2@charter.net
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 01:51:59 PM by srthomsen »

Offline DrofRockology

• my blog
Re: old pinto based racer/ak millers/huntington ford/bill edwards etc
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »
hi steve:

it was, indeed, #647, or as jack lufkin referred to it: the illegitimate child of car #646.

unfortunately, i have no pics of any of the pangras, except for the ones that you have sent me.

like a fool, i always assumed everyone else was going to take the pictures that i didn't seem to have for.

i'm sure that alan has already sent this along to you: http://www.concoursdlemons.com/index.html

when i spoke to vic edelbrock, jr. at concours d'elegance in 2007 he told me he couldn't understand why anyone would go to bonneville when they could come to pebble beach for the car.

guess that sums up where his head is.

jr. certainly ain't the same guy that sr. was!
gregory w. gillette
aka: monty wolf (not monte wolfe)

"fear is never boring!"

read all about it: http://montywolf.blogspot.com/