Author Topic: Altered Frame  (Read 6528 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: Altered Frame
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »
For those of you that feel you were not represented,the Dec SCTA meeting produced the vote on the new Class A bike restrictions.
 It was presented by Tom Evans and voted on by the board.
 Roy Creel asked if the change would make any bikes illeagl. He was told no. I guess that might apply to future built bikes but certainly doesn't apply to many existing bikes running the class and a number of record holders.
 How do you feel about that?
 Do the Class A bikes need the protection from a faster machine to preserve something I don't understand ?
 Will the appropriat records be retired or backed up to satisfy the new rule ?
 If the new policy for rule changes includes filing a form, why wasn't it applied to this change ?
 Was this change so urgent that it needed immediate attention at the last meeting of the year with a long histoey of bikes running in SCTA ?
 I guess if you can call it a safety deal, you can call it anytime you see fit. I think keeping the Class A bikes safe from the faster sit up bikes is the wrong kind of safe.
 Dan was right about his impressions and wrong about his facts.
 If the motorcycle committee is going to veil changes, they must be careful not to choke on it.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2005, 12:58:00 AM »
I might have been a reason this came up. At WoS last year, my bike met all the specs for Modified class EXCEPT seat height. Wheelbase;check. Pegs;check. Tank size;check. I explained that I asked Wink when I saw the change in the '04 rulebook and was told I was OK. Tom had a different view and was the man on the scene. So I entered in Altered.

Is it possible the new rule does not limit tank size for Altered (SC) to 5 liter max?
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2005, 01:26:00 AM »
By the rule now, you would not be legal for modified because of the seat height, and not legal for class A because you didn't have 3 of the required changes.
 And if you went too fast, then you would have another set of challanges.
 As it stands now, your bike is nothing.
 How did you vote ?
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"