Author Topic: classic confusion?  (Read 3873 times)

Offline RICK

classic confusion?
« on: January 15, 2005, 11:48:00 PM »
/CGALT? So can a 34 Ford hiboy, chop top coupe, run in this class?
It's not over, it's just harder.

Offline bigtim44

• NaCl addict
Re: classic confusion?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 03:06:00 AM »
Yes it can... but there are restictions with regards to electronics sensors and fuel injection on the motor see Page 54 in 2004 rule book.The roof chop has to be equal front to rear and the middle of the windshield has to be 6 inches tall from the cowl.Thats how I see it in 'the book'.
Salty Box Racing #622 B/DT

John Beckett

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
What engine are you going to run and what catagory: altered? comp coupe?

JB

Offline RICK

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »
482 big block Chevy and in altered...I think. What's the advantage/disadvantage?
 Rick

John Beckett

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »
OK, so it's not a Vintage catagory ride.

You can chop the top, but what is not mentioned in the rules if wheather you can remove the fenders on your '34 (as pre '49 cars can in Vintage) and still be considered an Altered in the Classic catagory.

JB

Offline BAKERSFIELD BOYS

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »
WE RUN IN A/CBGALT WITH A 34 FORD COUPE. CHOP TOP. NO FENDERS. AND MORE FUN THEN A NEW CAMERO BODY CAR. ITS A REAL HOT ROD.  WATCH FOR US AT BONNEVILLE. RED 34 FORD COUPE #1661 BAKERSFIELD BOYS RON AN HARRY AND THE PECKERWOOD PIT CREW.WE ARE THE FASTEST HOT ROD IN BAKERSFIELD,CA  AND HAVIN FUN

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »
Besides, it will be worth a hell of a lot more $ than a Camaro/Firebird/Monza when you are done racing. Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline RICK

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »
This is incredably good,inspiring news.
   NEXT QUESTION; My rule book also lists records for class. I noticed that some classes,,,,,,,like say,,,,,Classic Unblown Fuel Altered Coupe-/CFALT, don't have a listing for the AA engine size. Why is that?

thanks  RICK

LittleLiner

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 12:24:00 AM »
Bonneville does not have minimums for classes.  If no one has set a record in a class that class record is not listed in the rule book.  On the other hand El Mirage does have minimums.  So if you have a 2004 rule book flip to the records for El Mirage and you will notice a minimum for the AA Class you mentioned. . .