Author Topic: Belly tank measurements?  (Read 2189 times)

Offline sfm1951

• New folks
Belly tank measurements?
« on: March 19, 2008, 09:51:44 PM »
Does anyone have the measurements of different bellytanks ,and from what airplanes they came from?  I need this info so I can find one that will fit the engines we're thinking of running , and also fit my rear end.  I know I'll have to do some body work to make everything fit. I'm trying to find something close to our needs. Thanks, Steve

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Belly tank measurements?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 10:09:20 PM »
Does anyone have the measurements of different bellytanks ,and from what airplanes they came from?  I need this info so I can find one that will fit the engines we're thinking of running , and also fit my rear end.  I know I'll have to do some body work to make everything fit. I'm trying to find something close to our needs. Thanks, Steve

Sparky got a tank from these people.................

http://www.alamoaircraft.com/

.............................and he said they had a lot of different ones.  You might give them a call and see if they might be able to help you.

Maybe Sparky can add more to this,

Sum

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 10:23:22 AM »

Steve, what size are you looking for?  That might be easier than everyone trying to tell you the sizes they know... F4 600 gallon is about 31 inches if I remember correctly
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline sfm1951

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 04:55:31 PM »
Stainless, We are looking to run a 4 cylinder for now to get the experience. Then we are planning to move up to maybe a V6.  So I want to find  a tank that we can use as we move up. I'll do some research on the F4 tank . I found one but it was on 22" wide. Thanks for the tip, Steve

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 05:26:26 PM »
landracing member "Elmo Rodge" makes fiberglass P-38 tanks and should be running a 284 flathead-powered tank this year.  Try a PM.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!