Author Topic: Joining club  (Read 1867 times)

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Joining club
« on: February 25, 2008, 04:03:30 PM »
As a relative newbie to the racing part,as opposed to spectating,of LSR, would joining on of the SCTA clubs be a good idea?I have already joined BNI.If so why? Do all of the clubs accept members who live a long way off and cant attend meetings? Any suggestions from those who are in a similar situation?By the way I am planning to race Speedweek 1300 P/P Busa.

Thanks FRED
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Joining club
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 04:36:19 PM »
Fred
Some clubs offer out of state members. The Gear Grinders and San Diego Roadster Club and I believe the Side Winders offer Assoc. Member ships. You can find them listed on the www.scta-bni.org. The advantage of being a member, at least the Gear Grinders is we put out a monthly news letter (minutes) that covers the club, and the SCTA & BNI meetings. You would also get a SCTA racing news and other membership goodies.

Let me know if we can help in other information.

Glen :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 01:03:53 PM »
Fred,

SDRC also provides Club and SCTA/BNI meeting minutes. If you only run Bonneville then that's the main benefit. With SDRC after the first year of membership you can stay in the Club but drop SCTA membership and dues.

All the Clubs Glen mentioned are good.

SDRC does have a couple of GOOD "Busa" guys (as in Points Champs for 2007).

Tom

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 01:20:39 PM »
Fred,

SDRC also provides Club and SCTA/BNI meeting minutes. If you only run Bonneville then that's the main benefit. With SDRC after the first year of membership you can stay in the Club but drop SCTA membership and dues.

All the Clubs Glen mentioned are good.

SDRC does have a couple of GOOD "Busa" guys (as in Points Champs for 2007).

Tom

Points champions for a few years in a row I hear..

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 01:33:25 PM »
One more very important thing:  if you wish to challenge a rule by amendment or rewrite, you need to be a member of a SCTA club...............  it can work..............Bob
Bob Drury