Author Topic: Rocky  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
Rocky
« on: November 05, 2007, 03:47:40 PM »
Just received my Bonneville Racing News.  Read your Bub report, Rocky.

"Unfortunately, after our crash, there was no one left to challenge for the title."

Rocky, I'll bet you a Franklin that the Vincent streamliner in 2008 gives the title a challenge.   

Max         

bak189

Re: Rocky
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 04:48:04 PM »
You tell them.......Max.......you got my vote...........
Just think Max, in 2008 there will be a Turbo/Vincent sidecar streamliner to keep company with you.......................................................

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 04:50:08 PM »
Max, though I haven't seen the BRN, I would never mean you or your team any disrespect. I will always remember you were one of the first to congratulate us when we got the record, and I truly hope to return the favor to you someday. We look forward to running against the Vincent streamliner next year and wish you much success.

The 07 motorcycle speed trials was a tough one due to conditions. I think Big Red chose not to run because of it. Had their record been put in jeopardy, that might have changed their decision to run. It just didn't happen this time around.

Rocky

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 06:16:58 PM »
Max, though I haven't seen the BRN, I would never mean you or your team any disrespect. I will always remember you were one of the first to congratulate us when we got the record, and I truly hope to return the favor to you someday. We look forward to running against the Vincent streamliner next year and wish you much success.

The 07 motorcycle speed trials was a tough one due to conditions. I think Big Red chose not to run because of it. Had their record been put in jeopardy, that might have changed their decision to run. It just didn't happen this time around.

Rocky

Yo little buddy.  You're one of my heros.  However, I never thought of running against you, Ack, Sam, Chris, or Denis. 

It's the number we're all chasing.  Not each other.  Ditto on your success as well.

P.S.
(Are we havin' fun yet?)  :o)

John@JE Pistons

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 06:59:50 PM »
Bob,

That wheel on a stick thing..?

Now two sidecars have run over 200 and the Vincent should be the first over 300 I would think and Craig's wheel on a stck with bodywork should also run some great numbers.

Rocky,

Big Red was sitting at the at the "O" ready to run (after finding a bad fuel hose and replacing it) however since the conditions were not even decent Chris told me after he saw our open bike scrub off 6 mph that they were not going to run and Carr really wanted to make a run even if the best of conditions were not there.

It was a pleasure to assist the starter and arrange the running order of the liners and see Max's liner "motor" off the line with only one gear and see it run true and straight after watching several problems with other liners, 5050/ 7070, Calif Fritz

Good luck to all racers in 08!

J

bak189

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 08:08:30 PM »
Oh, Dear John,  I don't consider streamliner sidecars a wheel on a stick......they are special one off builds........as opposed to taking a Busa
motorcycle and mounting a "wheel on a stick" and calling it a sidecar............Now.....take Willie's
sidecar it at least is a one off build....it certainly is a lot closer to a "sidecar" even if he does have a "wheel on a stick"..................maybe I should explain.... at the BUB meet we have the option of using a passenger or run a "wheel on a stick" but with 60kg in the chair.....my point has been all along that the sidecar racers should have the option to choose...........................................................
I would, however, like to point out  that we build a streamliner sidecar with a full platform for a passenger......
SCTA would not allow us to use a homo sapiens
so we used Elmo our "dummy" to fill the space for Aero......this is how strong we feel about '"real sidecars"  That streamliner is now in the Barber Museum for you to go see.................
And by the way......maybe the Vincent sidecar streamliner will be using a passenger you'l just have to wait.............................................................