Author Topic: Blanding Barbeque Wed. night.............  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Blanding Barbeque Wed. night.............
« on: August 06, 2007, 12:46:20 AM »
Any of you guys coming across 40 and up through the 4-corners are welcome to stop in Blanding, Utah Wed. night and have some burgers with us.  Motel Super 8 is just across the street from me on 191 and they have good rates (lots cheaper than Moab $60 to $80 (for 3 beds 6 people)).

If you go thru the 4-Corners, Farmington or Shiprock New Mexico and then Cortez, Colo. you can jog over just north of Shiprock or at Shiprock and get 191 north to Blanding (70 miles south of Moab).  There are a couple different routes.  You can also go from Cortez to Monticello, UT and then 20 miles south to Blanding.

Right now I have about 15-18 people coming by my place.  Some of the "North of 49" crew arrived tonight.  More will come in tomorrow and Tuesday.  I'll be taking them all out over the next 3 days sightseeing.  Wed. night we will end with a barbeque and leave early Thursday morning for the salt and get up there that afternoon.

Anyone is welcome to join us for any of the activities, even if you don't get into Blanding until Wed. sometime.

c ya,

Sum

Offline sirstude

Re: Blanding Barbeque Wed. night.............
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 11:54:53 AM »
Sum,

Glad to hear Mike and company made it.  They stopped by my place on Saturday.

Doug
Doug Strong

Hooley (974) lets me work on his car.

Offline dieselgeek

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 01:14:53 PM »
Sumner, one of these seasons I am going to go out of my way to get up there and check out the scenery.  I hear it is awesome!!

see you in a few days.  Travel safe,

-scott

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »
Sumner, one of these seasons I am going to go out of my way to get up there and check out the scenery.  I hear it is awesome!!

see you in a few days.  Travel safe,

-scott

Glad to have you.  There are over 20 people here now and 11 of them are with the North of 49 car/truck.  We hiked for 3 days and are finishing getting Hooley's stude ready and will load it on the trailer and have a good meal together tonight and be off in the morning,

Sum

Offline WZ JUNK

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 06:44:40 PM »
I wish I was there.  I can only imagine the evening.   Best of luck.  Be careful driving tomorrow

John
Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.