Author Topic: Memorial day  (Read 2144 times)

Offline ddahlgren

• Global Moderator
Memorial day
« on: May 30, 2005, 08:26:00 PM »
Had a good memorial day and thought to post this to share in the user pics. A good friend of mine is a disabled Vietnam vet and has had his share of bad luck physically but a real rodder to say the least. I am 53 and have known him as a good friend since i was 16. We used to go drag racing way back when at connecticut dragway in the 60's with a 145 inch dragster and a 301 chevy.. I will have to go find a pic or too from then when we were handsome young boys..Ok better looking maybe LOL. Take a look if you have a minute in the pic post area for 'TWest pickup' I take no credit at all for this effort other than i snapped the picture and he was camera shy to pose with it. hey Dave F want to make a vets dream come true? a pic in reader rides would do it i bet..
 Dave

Offline aircap

Re: Memorial day
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »
Bitchin' truck, Dave. I bet he's real proud of it, and well he should be. Love the shotgun hat....
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline ddahlgren

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »
He chopped the top built the engine did all the paint and interior that is very nice and i failed to take a pic of it. The engine does make all the right sounds as well just a bit of roll so you know it is not a fake blower. I have only known him for 37 years more than all 3 of my wives LOL..personally i would not have put the wing in the pickup bed but he said he never made one from scatch and it had to go somewhere..
 Dave

<small>[ May 30, 2005, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: Dave Dahlgren ]</small>

wmtsmith

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »
Dave what a ride--and a good Memorial day post

Offline panic

• My tech papers
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 11:51:00 PM »
Lest we forget: the original name is "Decoration Day", to honor the fallen heroes of the Grand Army of the Republic.
 It was changed to Memorial Day in 1882 to include other veterans.