Author Topic: Donation Drive 2007  (Read 2708 times)

landracing

Donation Drive 2007
« on: October 13, 2007, 08:55:59 AM »
Donation Drive 2007

Thank you one and all for your continued support of Landracing.com.

We have had another fun-filled, action-packed adventure covering the landspeed racing scene.  Our coverage in ’07 included the annual Northwest Bonneville Reunion in Portland, a summer “scouting” trip to Wendover for an investigation/report on salt conditions, and the coverage of four separate events on the salt during racing season.  We LOVE attending the meets and providing a common ground on the web where fellow enthusiasts can come together as one.

Now I’ll cut to the chase.  In previous posts on the site, I have mentioned my responsibilities as crew chief, tow vehicle operator, and website contributor.  I am also the unofficial bookkeeper, and it’s my humble duty to reach out to the fans of Landracing.com to ask for your monetary support during our annual fundraising drive.

In its early years, Landracing.com was 100% funded by the joint bank account of Mr. & Mrs. Jonathan Amo.  As the site has grown through the years, the costs for upkeep have, as well.  Nothing in life is free, and that includes camera equipment, computers, servers, wireless internet connections, food, lodging, gasoline, and time away from work and home.  And this doesn’t account for the personal sacrifice of long hours and late nights.

The popularity and content of Landracing.com have grown exponentially since its debut in 1996, but unfortunately, our ability to absorb the expenses related to its upkeep has not.  To show an example of the growth and popularity of the website, in 1996 when Landracing.com started we receive a mere 500 hits, this year during August we received 5.8 million hits to the website. And this is where the donations from you, our loyal viewers, come in.  You fill the gap.  You make up the difference.  You make the continuance of Landracing.com a reality. 

And for those of you generous enough to open your hearts and your pocketbooks, you get our undying gratitude (and a personally handwritten note of thanks from yours truly) in return.

Now for the official particulars.  Donations to the site can be forwarded to:

Landracing.com
c/o Jonathan Amo
17041 E. Arkansas Dr.
Aurora, CO 80017

Or via Paypal at webmaster@landracing.com

Businesses we also have low yearly rates to advertise on the website. Also contact webmaster@landracing.com for particulars.

Thank you, muchas gracias, danke schon, grazie, merci,

The Landracing.com Team
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 09:15:58 AM by landracing »

Offline isiahstites

Re: Donation Drive 2007
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 12:05:21 PM »
Jon and Mrs Amo, thanks for all of your hard work and keeping this great website up and running.

Scott

Payment sent via paypal.......

Bob Collier

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 01:06:21 PM »
Jon,
Thank you for all you do for the sport of LSR.
Donation sent!
Bob from BUB

Offline Dave Cox

• http://www.olddeadcars.com
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 01:28:11 PM »
Paypal sent, thanks for all the good work!

Dave

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 01:51:03 PM »
Howdy All, :-D

Hate to use a cliche, but indeed a check is in the mail! :-D

Wish all the emoticons were working and I would wax eloquent on how much we all appreciate the site and the reporting.

So, hopefully a sincere Thanks Again for all that you do will communicate but a tiny percentage of appreciation.

We're off to Texas to see the youngest boy (19) graduate from Air Force basic. I hope that next year he and his older brother (30) and my own bad self will get to drive the salt in our own racecar. And guess what - while on the roadtrip, I will be keeping up with the site via my laptop. Beats the heck out of watching the goofy TV.

Regards to All with an admonition to send your donation dollars ASAP! :-D
HB2
No animals were harmed in presenting this commercial.
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

Offline Goldenhawk

• New folks
  • Bonneville diesel Racer #6006
    • GOLDENHAWK>CA
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 02:12:28 PM »
 I just received the request for support. I am Driver of the Goldenhawk (www.goldenhawk.ca) diesel streamliner. I will forward a donation, however please contact me and we can talk about a way to reach our fans. We have had 18,00= this year.
regards,
Randy
randy

Offline RZ350

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 02:16:48 PM »
Paypal Sent, wish I could send more, I will send more when I get more!
238 MPH at Bonneville

racin jason

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 02:28:13 PM »
paypal sent under forauctiononly/ Mary Moon.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!!!

Offline sabat

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 04:55:37 PM »
Chipped, thanks Jon.