Author Topic: Who can tell me about 'Silent Thunder'?  (Read 3152 times)

TeamBYU

Who can tell me about 'Silent Thunder'?
« on: January 07, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »
My name is Sean Dick. I am part of a team at Brigham Young University that is designing and building an electric streamliner to compete in the E/1 class. The current record holder is M. Murphy with 'Silent Thunder' . The record was set in '97. While meeting with Tom Birkland yesterday he could not recall the car, but said to come to this website and as J.D. Tone about it. My searches on the web for the car have not helped and we would like to know more about this vehicle. If J.D. has any information, or anyone else, would you please share? The only information I have found deals with a Ford Taurus, which would be too heavy for this class, especially with the batteries listed that were used. Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sean Dick

<small>[ January 07, 2005, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: TeamBYU ]</small>

Offline Gary Perkinson

Re: Who can tell me about 'Silent Thunder'?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »
Sean:

Here's a link to a forum that seems to have a number of posts about "Silent Thunder." The one I'm posting here has the e-mail address of Michael Murphy, the owner of Silent Thunder and the guy who set the E/I record in '97 (he's actually selling the car in this post). I have no idea if this e-mail address is still good--it's from 1998--but I bet this forum would be a good place to start tracking down either Murphy or the car....

http://solstice.crest.org/discussion/ev/199802/msg01070.html

Gary
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »
I don't have anything on this car. Dan Warner may be able to bring up the cet card. I am sure it was a mid/full size sedan. J.D.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

TeamBYU

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »
Thanks for the help guys.

Sean