Author Topic: Social gathering -- if Speed Week gets rained out partway through the meet?  (Read 1748 times)

Offline 29Sleeper

• New folks
What about in a hanger at the airport? In the past no Bonneville trip was complete without a visit to the Lightning Man's hanger. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1979/06/03/a-generator-of-lightning-like-ideas/116ec017-7ac4-4730-be6a-25d1b7753812/

Offline lsrchild

• New folks
Let's Pray that this doesn't happen again. my guys and i had our rookie year delayed because of the rain last year. we've now hit the point where the R word doesn't get said until the end of september
When the visor drops, the bullshit stops...

Offline tallguy

It was only recently that I learned about Salt Talks, which certainly includes (among other things) what I had in mind . . .
except, of course, regarding its vulnerability w/respect to rain.  I'll plan to be there, and look forward to meeting/greeting a
lot of you. 

Good luck to all of us, weather-wise.

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
In re:  Salt Talks.  I'm proceeding to get serious about figuring out what it's going to take.  I've rounded up three seasoned helpers (so far), and today started contemplating event laundry.  And I'd likely have to get some more SSS "Fun Meter" buttons, too.  Stay tuned.  Drivers meeting is 8 weeks from tomorrow, and Salt Talks is the very next day! 
See you on the salt![/color]
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com