Author Topic: Speed Week programs  (Read 2885 times)

Offline L/W

• New folks
Speed Week programs
« on: April 14, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
I have often thought it would be nice if entries at Speed Week  had the option to add their contact info, either phone or email address to their bio in the program.
This would be option only not mandatory.  It could prove to be helpful after Speed Week in order to contact people you have met..........any thought/?

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
Re: Speed Week programs
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 04:56:56 PM »
email, I am in.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »
That would require many additional pages (double) the entry pages now in the program.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline L/W

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 05:23:57 PM »
That would require many additional pages (double) the entry pages now in the program.

No only one line under each entry............plenty of room now

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 10:44:38 PM »
Why not just walk the line and have folks put their email in your book.... if they want to...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline L/W

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 10:42:39 AM »
Why not just walk the line and have folks put their email in your book.... if they want to...

So, if walking around all week asking for emails is OK , why is it not OK to give everyone the option to submit it on their entry?  Keep in mind it's an Option.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 01:27:56 PM »
In the way the program is now formatted, there is not room in each entry for another line of type with that information if the entrant fills in all the lines provided for owners, drivers, crew chiefs, crew and sponsors.  If you review the format, you'll see that the class record and record-holder is listed with the first entry in each class.  And putting less entries on a page is not a financial option in expanding the program.

Most racers will give you their personal contact information if they feel like it.  And this forum serves to find out about those that you may discover you want later or have lost info on. 
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »
And speaking of adding pages/less entries per page - - in the letter you have already (or will soon) receive from SCTA -- the Straightaway News March 2012 - -  You'll see a mention of the program.  It says "Thank you for the tremendous response we have received from members and affiliated companies wanting to advertise in our SpeedWeek  program.  Please keep the ads pouring in!"

The ads aren't free -- but not all that expensive, you might be surprised to learn.  Take a look through the program and pay attention to the ads - how few there are and just who's advertising.  There are the stalwarts of the business side of LSR - as well as more than just a few teams.  This year there'll be one about Kudos Laser Engraving and Design.  We're hoping that we'll make lots of folks and teams and owners aware that we make shirts and other custom stuff for teams.  If you don't have any commercial reasons to be an advertiser -- it still might not break your budget to buy at least a "business card" size ad to let the rest of the world know that you appreciate what the SCTA/BNI gang does for all of us - and wave your own flag while you're at it.  It's too late (I think) for this year, but keep it in mind for 2013, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 03:38:21 PM »
It's not too late -- I believe the advertising deadline is the same as the entries -- May 10.  Call Amy Calderon at 661-433-7826.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 10:02:25 PM »
I am glad I looked atht his thread. I sent my ad in a few weeks ago and had not heard. It bounced and was sitting in my out box. I just re-sent it to Amy.

Thanks, I like to support all things LSR!

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM