Author Topic: Roadster stolen from LA County Fairplex at Grand National Roadster Show  (Read 3506 times)

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
Just passing it on. This seemed like it would get the most views. Sorry couldn't load pics.

I'm forwarding this email from Chick Koszis who's '32 was stolen while attending the Grand National Roadster Show (apparently last night).

My '32 Roadster was stolen last nite (1/30/2011) from the parking lot of the Sheraton hotel at the LA County Fairplex. I was attending the GNRS and staying at the Sheraton. The car is a semi-gloss black, heavily pin-striped, steel-bodied (Rod Bods), high-boy roadster with a 6-71 blown small block Chev, Wanlass/Rodwell windshield, black leather and aluminum paneled interior. California license number BERBNZ. (Bare Bones)

There's plenty of distinguishing characteristics on this car which make it unmistakable. I've included some photos. If someone is offering you a screamin' deal on a blower setup (Mooneyham), a steel '32 roadster body, Chevy small block motor, 700-R4 transmission, 9-inch rear end, American Racing Torque Thrusts and tires, a Wanlass windshield, or any kind of parts, be advised - they could be hot.
If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of my car, please contact me at the number below or the Pomona PD at 909-620-2131 (reference File No. 11-011782.I’ve posted the same message on the HAMB at:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6166712#post6166712

It’s also posted on www.hotrodhotline.com

Chick Koszis760-500-1804 chick.koszis@vcweb.org
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Roadster stolen from LA County Fairplex at Grand National Roadster Show
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »
These last few months I have been figuring out the cost of a 32 roadster and how I will pay for it.  Its a lot of money and it takes a big amount of time to build one.  I am real sorry to hear about the loss and I hope it is found.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 11:35:32 PM »
I feel for him, that rip's your heart out. I've been there.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 01:21:22 AM »
This is the second Roadster that has been stolen in about one month, in So Cal. With cars that are this expensive maybe owners of these type of cars should install hidden GPS devices in them. And or the trailers also.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 10:52:24 AM »
With the technology we have now, that would be the smart thing to do. Sid.

Offline mkilger

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 11:08:54 AM »
well with the great state of Caif coming down on (fake) 32's and and new laws they are trying to pass I think you will see it even more  :|

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 09:15:18 PM »
Dont get me wrong, that really sucks but I agree with the comments about adding the GPS/Lojack or even a 200$ car alarm with starter kill. New car alarms can even be integrated with your smart phone and call you  if your vehicle is being messed with anywhere in the world.

At worse a hidden switch that kills the ignition.

I have been hearing of a few rods getting jacked lately. Hope he gets it back in one piece.

~JH
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 07:27:56 PM »
I have been hearing of a few rods getting jacked lately. Hope he gets it back in one piece.
~JH

As do I, JH.  The sad truth is that if it hasn't been recovered already, it's very likely that it's been parted out.  As unique and high profile as this car is, the idea that it could be sold intact without raising suspicion doesn't seem possible.  But the parts alone could be easily sold off and scattered without a trace.

ol38y, any word on it?
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: