Author Topic: Henry Ford Museum "ENGINES EXPOSED"  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Rick Byrnes

Henry Ford Museum "ENGINES EXPOSED"
« on: January 13, 2010, 12:29:15 PM »
From now till the end of the month, Henry Ford Museum has an event where 50 vehicles have "exposed engines"  or Hoods up....
I spent a lot of time yesterday just roaming around and need to share.

When the Goldenrod was restored by Mike Cook and company, and put on display at the museum, I really thought it had no engines.  Well, was I mistaken....
There is at least TWO there, and being able to see the real beauty under the skin is just so nice....
So,  here is a series of photos.

With any of these if anyone would like high resolution photos, plz let me know...
Rick

Offline Rick Byrnes

Re: Henry Ford Museum "ENGINES EXPOSED"
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »
second installment
Rick

Offline Rick Byrnes

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 12:35:37 PM »
And the rest of my photos.
Thanks you to the museum for preserving machines like Goldenrod and the Beatty tank, and thanks to Mike Cook and all that helped restore this wonderful machine.  It was so nice to see the "real beauty", under the skin......

I do have more in high res, but they were very close to these views.  It is hard to get good photos with typical crowd barriers.

Rick

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 01:23:20 PM »
Spent some time a few years back, at Meadowbrook when Chrysler was the event sponsor, Looking the Goldenrod over. Still one of the most impressive jobs of packaging I`ve seen.( Rick, You going to be at Cobo??) J.B.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 02:43:33 PM »
Rick,

there were all the years all four engines in - only that this four engines are not the original which were in the car when he set the record in 1965.

This four engines was loaned and was given back after the record was set. The once which are now in are the same type (from the outside).
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 02:49:32 PM »
Well nuts!! when I was there two weeks ago they were speaking of the hoods up event, oh well, next time!!