Author Topic: Cook Motorsports Land Speed Shootout  (Read 14220 times)

Offline Dave Haller

Re: Cook Motorsports Land Speed Shootout
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 08:53:40 PM »
Mike Jr.,
Tell you dad hello for me. Victoria is still under testing. If I can make it down to assist with anything you folks need I will.
Good luck and thanks for putting on such an awesome meet,
Dave Haller #93

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 10:08:05 PM »
You betcher hiney I'll do another live something or other.  Last year Jon Amo suggested that I do something else -- maybe it was posting on the front page of the site and doing updates frequently.  Or maybe I'll do the same thing with the forum -- which worked darned well, if I remember correctly (which, in this case, I do).  We;ll put a link to the Forum on the front page to direct surfers to the Forum - and I'll see if there's a way to let nono-registered folks see the reporting and photos.  That might be a bit of a hassle -- and anyway, we got a good batch of new folks to register during the Shootout, so maybe I'll leave well enough alone.

Unh, for those of you that won't be able to be there -- put your boss on notice now that you'll be occupied a good portion of the days during the shootout.  Might as well get her/him ready for your lack of productivity that week.

Lynda:  Those high-end porta-potties are quite spendy.  We (SCTA/BNI and I) are working with the John Co. (new corporate name that escapes me right now, but it's basically the same company) to upgrade their service - and save a few thousand bucks, too (didn't know it cost that much to have the toilets on the Salt, did you?) for SpeedWeek and WF.  Whatever -- Mike is in charge of the toilets for the Shootout -- and he'll get whatever he chooses to get. 

Well, where do I sign to volunteer as a shooter?  Like Lynda, I'm gettin all fired up to go do it, coronary arteries or no.  :)  Hell ya only live once.  Might as well enjoy it.  And to think that we haven't even gotten into the calendar year where it happens yet!  Oh, boy.  The anticipation's gonna have me all wound up.

RtR

landracing

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 11:41:11 PM »
I caught wind today of someone going to broadcast it over the net along with other meets on the salt flats... Video w/sound when the cars are running...

Website is under construction.

JonAmo

Offline AJR192

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 11:49:56 PM »
weren't the porta potties called "honey buckets" at the shootout? Good name for them but I don't think I want any of the "honey" they have........

Offline Wester

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 08:23:12 AM »
Lynda, You can thank Hugh Coltharp, our USFRA Treasurer, for setting things up with the Honey Bucket folks.  It makes a difference to have them on the spot to keep things clean on a regular basis.  They attend the monthly USFRA meetings too.  I'm seeing their facilities at construction sites around the Salt Lake Valley quite regularly the last seven or eight months.

Offline DavidinDurango

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 10:39:32 AM »
I'd like to come out and photograph the event.

Only if Ray and I can work together, I'm not interested in stepping on his toes.  I believe we could improve coverage and perhaps lessen Ray's physical strain.

Please advise.

DavidinDurango
Mostly Fords with "some stuff"
LSR, because it takes more than one ball to play.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 10:44:58 AM »
I'm all for it, David.  No toe stepping problem with me.  I'm hoping that it'll be an open meet (to spectators) like last year, so all we have to do is show up.

But ya gotta bring the truck.  :)

RtR

Offline DavidinDurango

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 10:50:55 AM »
Way Cool.  I look forward to it . . . .

and the truck WILL be there.

David
f8 and be there
DavidinDurango
Mostly Fords with "some stuff"
LSR, because it takes more than one ball to play.

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »
danny boy ?
Mike cook jr

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 11:23:39 AM »
Danny Boy Spoke with dad yestarday and he wants to attend as long as testing goes well. i believe they still hold a FIA record from the early 90.
Mike cook jr