Author Topic: entry speeds at Speed Week  (Read 2315 times)

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
entry speeds at Speed Week
« on: December 10, 2008, 03:51:50 PM »
I am researching the speeds reached by the motorcycle and car streamliners when they pass through the two mile mark, being timed until the 2 1/4. I have tried to access the Speed Week files from 2003 and 2004, but cannot get them to load up. I really would like figures for all speeds, so the 2, 3 and 4 if possible. Can anyone help please?
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Re: entry speeds at Speed Week
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 08:28:57 PM »
Where are the files you are trying to access?
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:54:17 PM »
I have "Speedweek 2003 Cars.xls" (442kb) and "Speedweek 2004 by numbers.xls" (353kb) here on my home computer.

My normal email is down, but I think that I can email them to you by alternate means (yahoo mail  :-( ) if you haven't got them yet.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Ratliff

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 10:09:49 PM »

The Burklands ran 325 mph in the quarter. I am not sure whether this was on the same pass where Tom clocked 438 mph through the mile with an exit speed of 450 mph.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 11:32:44 PM »

The Burklands ran 325 mph in the quarter. I am not sure whether this was on the same pass where Tom clocked 438 mph through the mile with an exit speed of 450 mph.

That would be why they are looking for the file results for every pass. :roll:
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Ratliff

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 07:33:08 AM »

That would be why they are looking for the file results for every pass. :roll:

The why wasn't the question. The question was "I am researching the speeds reached by the motorcycle and car streamliners when they pass through the two mile mark, being timed until the 2 1/4."

Offline guttley782

• http://www.angelicbulldog.org.uk
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 07:57:32 AM »
Dean,
If you go onto the Speed Week dates on this site and look at the previous years. I can't find them on the SCTA site.
An eccentric Englishman building a motorcycle streamliner with the help of a few friends!