Author Topic: Not really anything to do with LSR.....  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

Not really anything to do with LSR.....
« on: October 18, 2007, 11:29:40 PM »
Not really all that exciting....it does have its moments.
The vid does not really show now much work goes into doing this, most of the real work, the cutting and cleaning up afterwards really sucks.
After it is all cleaned up I had a crew pave the lot.
When I finish a project, I try and buy something for the car.....and knowing this makes the long days better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S2QzCGrvh8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbkNrqVLvXA

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline revolutionary

Re: Not really anything to do with LSR.....
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:35:14 PM »
With the price of steel I'm surprised you don't see buildings mysteriously disappear like that over the weekend.  You WERE supposed to remove that structure right???
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 11:36:40 PM »
Neat stuff, but how can I convince the fire marshall and the insurance company that it just fell down?

When I count three come on in Glenn=

Chet Atkins
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline maguromic

• http://www.barringtontea.com
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 12:06:34 AM »
There is about a 6000 square foot building in front of my office.  Over the weekend a group of professional thieves cut through the alarm system and stripped the building of all the copper wiring and copper fixtures, and that’s all they took.  Must of used a semi as it was a telecom building.
“If you haven’t seen the future, you are not going fast enough”

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 12:10:45 AM »
hey nutz... took way to long..... gotta do things fast around here.... ever hear of dynomite.?...
kent

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 12:36:28 AM »
I think you need to get into another line of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline tortoise

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 10:26:17 AM »
So! I'd been wondering what "indurustral contacationg" was.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »
There is about a 6000 square foot building in front of my office.  Over the weekend a group of professional thieves cut through the alarm system and stripped the building of all the copper wiring and copper fixtures, and that’s all they took.  Must of used a semi as it was a telecom building.

I can't condone their line of work, but at least it looks like they aren't afraid of work,

Sum

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 05:51:24 PM »
Funny thing is that I had my guys separate all the wood, beams and tin from the wooden structure and had it all stacked real nice. I had asked a few guys if they wanted to take it and there was always a problem getting a trailer or no room ect.....but I just wanted to get rid of the stuff I was hoping someone would take it.

I waited about a week and decided to put an add on craigslist. In 6 hours I had 200+ replies and that night before I called a person from the replies someone had went in and stole the majority of the wood. They had to make multiple trips or had a huge trailer. Funny thing is that I would have left the keys to my lift if they had only asked. I am sure they thought they were pulling the heist of a lifetime.

Sum:

You said it brother.....if they worked that hard at a job as they do trying to steel stuff they could have all the meth they wanted.
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 11:00:12 PM »
Johnny, i'll have to agree with Kent, oh shit, took way too long. But, i'll assume it's your first demo. We all had to start somewhere. haha I noticed your car # in the credits but not your contractors licence #. :? But, I'm sure you have one , right. hahaha  Just pulling your lanyard Johnny, I always enjoy your posts. So, when you gonna get drunk again...   See ya on the salt       Larry :-D
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651