Author Topic: Tires for 500 mph  (Read 13360 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Tires for 500 mph
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »
John B new the answer to the ABB e=motion question, but then he and I did meet at the ECTA Maxton event the weekend before. If we could find a suitable track at 6000 feet or even higher for the electric car we would have done! Might not have changed the luck but would have eased the problems of speed.

Sounds like you need to take the electric car to Boliva.  I found the perfect place that is at 12,000 feet.

;) .

c ya, Sum

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »
Sumner - thanks for the data but how long will it take the human body to become aclimatised to that altitude?  If the Brits ever go and I am involved, we will invite you to join the attempt - bringing oxygen bottles with you!

Joe - altitude was a small part of my suggestion that Bonneville is not at the top of some peoples lists.  It does not offer 12 (safe) miles of consistent surface for two way running.  What is your meaning of a "proper course"?  

Inspite of large supercharged aero engines and gas turbines being used the holder of the FIA record three cars ago was normally aspirated.  Its record speed of 409 mph is a target in its own right and a fraction below the FIA supercharged class record (reciprocating otto cycle motors).    

As far as I know the British team, using the Rolls Royce power claim method - without figures being given, will have "adequate power, sir" for the job being undertaken.
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Justin

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »
Malcom-
 I have one set (two tires) of the M/T tires that you are looking for, that I would consider selling.  If you want to contact me off the list we could discuss them.
 Thanks-
 Justin
 801-550-4094

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »
Sumner - thanks for the data but how long will it take the human body to become aclimatised to that altitude? If the Brits ever go and I am involved, we will invite you to join the attempt - bringing oxygen bottles with you!  
I live at 6,000 feet, so I'm half way there   :) .

c ya, Sum

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sumner:

Sumner - thanks for the data but how long will it take the human body to become aclimatised to that altitude? If the Brits ever go and I am involved, we will invite you to join the attempt - bringing oxygen bottles with you!  
I live at 6,000 feet, so I'm half way there    :)  .

c ya, Sum [/b]
SORRY
 You didn't find the salt flat.
 The local motorsports community detailed it's features many years ago.
 It has been there for awhile. LOL
 It's funny you could find it with your limited resources.
 You do pretty good though
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"