Author Topic: Jim Lattin  (Read 15086 times)

Offline 836dstr

Jim Lattin
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2006, 05:22:13 PM »
Glen,

Thanks for the info on the SCTA Board nomination process! That's what I like about this forum. Ask a question or make a comment and get the answer.

Tom

Offline jimmy six

Jim Lattin
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 12:06:40 AM »
Any SCTA member in good standing can be nominated for any office. Many who decide they want it, make there wishes known.  Members who have been officers in their clubs or possibly reps see the process first hand and make the decision.

If you've been a volunteer IE: inspector, worker at Bonneville, done more than your share for your club, etc. people know who you are.
Many start by being asked to be on the appointed board. They get to see more and are asked to do more. That's when many choose to ask to be nominated.

I can think of a lot but Don Ferguson comes to mind. That exactly how he is Sgt-at- Arms right now.

In 30 years I have been on the appointed board once and elected to an office once. But as a rep for 25 years I've seen a lot. I've stepped down from that to give others a chance who may have wanted to do it but didn't know how to start.

VP has been a stepping/training stone for many years but not lately. Many have server on the appointed board but never have been elected to any office. Many of the ones who have been elected many times to more than one office do it because they really like it. Would they step down?...I believe so...Would they still help?...You bet...

Glen is right. It's easy to get your name on a ballot if you really want to.
It's time consuming, thankless, and also very rewarding.

There is plenty of new blood out there. Many now have more time to give as they get older and children go (or just come back to drive the old mans car). Some are afraid to step on toes...Don't worry, step away...

In my City in this election there are 3 incumbents and 3 challengers...No incumbents will get my vote. There is always room for new thinking and new ideas.

I will leave with one thought: If you bring up a problem and you don't have a solution; we do not have a problem, you do...

Go fast in November....J.D.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro