Author Topic: Maxton----day 1  (Read 1946 times)

Hank

Maxton----day 1
« on: September 26, 2004, 01:19:00 AM »
I am attaching my link to the maxton thread I have started on SH.Org as I am a terrible at typing,and wanted to post here also.Thanks to wayne pollack,scott guthrie,rich yancy,lee shierts,et al,for a warm welcome and encouragement.I was on a mission to gather data for Seb and my new alcohol LSR bike today,and even in spite of my poor driving,we did get the required data for tuning that Seb needed.I liked to look at my performance today as "comic relief" for the other entrants.:-)
 At least having a few 200+ passes(just barely,with 211 tops),I have a starting point for tires and chassis set-up,which we are 180 off from.After taking 50-75 HP out of the bike,it was much easier to drive down course,and gives me hope that I will not embarass myself to todays degree.Jon---I tried calling you back,but got your recorder.I did leave a message,and will be happy to report on Sundays results if you would like.The bike that Seb has built for me is a true
 work of art in smooth fuel delivery and a pleasure to drive.I am told it sounds good on it's trips down course.I believe that after it is set up correctly and shod with the proper tires,Maxton will be graced with another high level competitor.
 http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=33994

landracing

Re: Maxton----day 1
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 01:40:00 AM »
Hank,

Thanks for the report, now go kick ass tomorrow.

jonathan

Hank

Re: Maxton----day 1
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 02:31:00 AM »
Well,finished up at maxton today with a few passes and lots of data.After a first run of the day checkout with a 210 exit,and all data looking good,I lined up fo a pass at full throttle in all gears.To my dismay,the air shifter went false neutral on the 4 to 5,after my best leave of the meet.I check to see that I had not hurt anything and tried it again,with the same result.At that point we decided to let seb make some passes to get familiar with the bike and see what the course was like,before time ran out.It was very obvious at this point that our set-up was all wrong,and that as we were turned down to 10 lbs of boost and stii spinning 3rd and 4th,that there was more to be gained from Seb getting experience with the bike and course,than beating up on equipment that needed work.Thanks to DaveO for the loan of his equipment and tire.We are back at
 Sebs now and are going to see what HP level we were at and adjust the air shifter.Also thanks to Chris (fastgixx) for all his help in our pit.I am looking forward to hopeully returning next month with a different bike to see what it needs to be competitive here.the seat time i acquired will definatly help,but it will be a long  journey to being competitive here.Thanks again to Wayne,Scott,Rich,and the ECTA for providing a atmosphere of friendlyness and help.