Author Topic: Speed Week  (Read 4675 times)

John

Speed Week
« on: May 25, 2006, 11:40:52 PM »
Gentlemen. I live in the Las Vegas/Henderson area and intend on spending 2-3 days at Speed Week. I am looking for someone to share housing/fuel expenses and help with the driving. The scenario is to drive from my area and stay in Ely, NV. We would have to commute each day to the salt. No, I can't find reasonable accomodations at a more convenient location. I have done this several times and find it to be acceptable. If interested, please contact. Terrific site by the way. Best regards. John.

Offline Freud

Drive from Wendover NOY Ely
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 12:46:11 AM »
Just wait until the first weekend is over and you can stay in Wendover. It will surprise you how many people go home after scalding their engine on the first run. Try Wendover starting Monday. If that's too soon wait until Tue or Wed. They will welcome you.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Drive from Wendover NOY Ely
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 11:29:43 AM »
Quote from: Freud
Try Wendover starting Monday.
FREUD

Freud, I think you are even safe getting a room Sunday night as a lot of the spectators and gamblers (not the ones on the salt) have headed for home by then.  You may as well just come on Friday or Sat., since you won't sleep much anyway :D and a couple hours in the back seat of the car will do 8) .

c ya,

Sum

Offline mtkawboy

Speed Week
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 12:18:28 PM »
Ive stayed in Wells also and commuted over the pass

John

Speed week
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 12:45:54 AM »
Gents. Good observations. I'll go that route. Best regards. John--Las Vegas.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
ROOKIE YEARS
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 12:34:18 PM »
You ain't raced til you spent the night in the same hotel room with 8 pairs of 3 day old socks that have the feet still in them.
When you want to step up and organize a race, you will find out the Porta-Potties cost more than the hotel rooms.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Stan Back

Speed Week
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 03:36:02 PM »
John -- Be sure to get a rate confirmation on rooms at Wells.  I was told this morning that some of them are quoted on an hourly, rather than daily, rate.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline Bob Drury

Speed Week
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 06:02:41 PM »
Yeah, but those come with pre-warmed beds.................
Bob Drury

Offline Leon

• http://www.ridgenet.net/~biesiade/
Speed Week
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 07:43:54 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUWWWWWWWWW!

John

Speed week
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 11:38:05 PM »
WOW--Hourly rate?? I have'nt heard that one since I was a punk grunt in Korea. OK, rate confirmation it is. Regards.  John--Las Vegas.

Offline bigtim44

• NaCl addict
Re: Drive from Wendover NOY Ely
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 09:30:32 PM »
Be careful about the sunday night ,last year there was some kind of poker competition going on and we ended up at the bend in the road in a tent.

Freud, I think you are even safe getting a room Sunday night as a lot of the spectators and gamblers (not the ones on the salt) have headed for home by then.
Salty Box Racing #622 B/DT