Author Topic: World of Speed 2021  (Read 40639 times)

Offline USFRAMONTE

Re: World of Speed 2021 FUEL CHECK
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2021, 03:18:58 PM »
I RUN VP RACE GAS ALWAYS. SO I CAN FILL TANK HERE AND IT WILL JUST BE CHECKED IF I AM IN IMPOUND? I WILL HAVE SEALED CANS ALSO TO REFUEL
JUST RATHER HAVE IT IN THE TANK INSTEAD OF FOUR OR FIVE CANS TO TRANSPORT.
THANKS
BOB
B/GC 1123

Bob, the way I understand it, the gasoline will only need to be checked when you qualify for a record. I do not know if they check it after the first qualifing run or only if you get to impound after the backup run. I will find out for sure and post the information.

Offline ulrace

Re: World of Speed 2021
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2021, 05:22:08 PM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH; I WILL FILL MY TANK BEFORE WE LEAVE. WILL WATCH FOR POST.
BOB

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2021, 08:28:32 PM »
I spoke with Dennis today and confirmed that gasoline will only be tested after someone has made their second, or back up qualifying run. They will take care of that the in the impound area along with the other record certification procedures. So you can have the gas already in the vehicle when you arrive for the event, and add more as needed.

For additional information, I received the following regarding VP gasolines and their DC testing values.
VP 110 - DC Neg 1.20
VP C12 - DC Neg 0.40
VP C14 - DC Neg 1.40
VP C16 - DC 0.00
VP MS100 - DC Pos 13.00

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2021, 09:23:10 PM »
Do they seal the tank after the first run while in Impound -- so the same fuel is used for both runs?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club"

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2021, 11:12:45 PM »
Do they seal the tank after the first run while in Impound -- so the same fuel is used for both runs?

Stan, unfortunately I do not know the answer to that question. This whole gasoline thing is outside my bailiwick. But I will get the correct information for all of you.

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2021, 11:53:42 AM »
Morning all, not sure if it's just my computer but I can't access the USFRA website- error message 404 or something like that-wondering if they got hacked? Anybody with the ability to let the good folks there know?  Thanks , see you all in 9 days-travel safe ! :cheers:

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2021, 11:55:14 AM »
message is 403 -access denied  :x

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2021, 12:09:02 PM »
Morning all, not sure if it's just my computer but I can't access the USFRA website- error message 404 or something like that-wondering if they got hacked? Anybody with the ability to let the good folks there know?  Thanks , see you all in 9 days-travel safe ! :cheers:

We did indeed get hacked. Our people have been working hard to remedy the situation with help from the hosting site. We hope to have it back up shortly.
Can I say "I hate hackers"?

Offline MRK

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2021, 12:20:08 PM »

Yes.
The gasoline will be tested in impound after the vehicle makes it's qualifying ( down ) run and the tank will be sealed.
After the record ( return ) run, the seal on the tank will be checked to make sure it is intact and hasn't been tampered with.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2021, 12:51:56 PM »
Thanks, Mike  I thought so - but better that YOU state the rules and procedures. 
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2021, 03:50:10 PM »

Stan, unfortunately I do not know the answer to that question. This whole gasoline thing is outside my bailiwick. But I will get the correct information for all of you.
[/quot

This is what happens when you send a boy to do a man's job, (meaning me). Mike was gracious enough to provide the correct information. Thank you for that Mike.
I never paid much attention to this gasoline thing because Rick Gold always took care of it. I will try to do better at getting the right information to you all.

Offline sabat

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2021, 07:18:05 PM »
RIP Rick Gold.

Good luck at WOS folks, wish I had a bike ready this year.

Offline MRK

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2021, 08:40:46 PM »

[/quot

This is what happens when you send a boy to do a man's job, (meaning me). Mike was gracious enough to provide the correct information. Thank you for that Mike.
I never paid much attention to this gasoline thing because Rick Gold always took care of it. I will try to do better at getting the right information to you all.

No worries Monte. As long as we're on the same page and everyone cooperates, we're golden.
The motorcycle crew has been briefed as well and will have a gas tester at their disposal too.
Good luck with the event!

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline fwillyj

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2021, 10:53:06 AM »
---I looked this up on a street map and it looks like it is at 1117 north rather than 117

---and---driving up there from Redwood Road to get onto 1100 north there also looks to be no actual left turn lane to turn north into the Pilot Thomas parking lot when driving east on 1100 north right there at that intersection
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 11:08:50 AM by fwillyj »

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2021, 01:18:40 PM »
---I looked this up on a street map and it looks like it is at 1117 north rather than 117

---and---driving up there from Redwood Road to get onto 1100 north there also looks to be no actual left turn lane to turn north into the Pilot Thomas parking lot when driving east on 1100 north right there at that intersection

This information looks to be correct. We have our monthly club meeting tonight, which is close to this location. I will stop by prior to the meeting to make sure we are giving out the correct address.
Sheesh, maybe I can get something right the first time, next time.