Author Topic: Anyone have any luck with below ambient NA intercooling  (Read 14230 times)

Offline jimmy six

Re: Anyone have any luck with below ambient NA intercooling
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2007, 11:35:50 PM »
It has been used before in a gas roadster class. The bottle contained CO2 and was discharged thru an inner cooler looking device which the air on the way to the engine passed by. The C02 exhausted under the vehicle after it left the device. It was activated by an electric solenoid thru small orifices. To test whether it was going into the intake of the engine I had the competitor close the exhaust line and energize the solenoid with pressure in the bottle. Nothing leaked into the engines air path.  Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2007, 11:55:41 PM »
I thought the X1/9 WAS a squirrel launcher!
Disclosing confidential proprietary trade secrets is a federal violation.

Last thing I need is to have someone trying to patent my secret weapon.....
Why do you think I have hot nuts in the first place.....its to attract all the damn squirrels!!! :lol:

It has been used before in a gas roadster class. The bottle contained CO2 and was discharged thru an inner cooler looking device which the air on the way to the engine passed by. The C02 exhausted under the vehicle after it left the device. It was activated by an electric solenoid thru small orifices. To test whether it was going into the intake of the engine I had the competitor close the exhaust line and energize the solenoid with pressure in the bottle. Nothing leaked into the engines air path.  Good Luck

That is the post I have been waiting for.
People will have a real hard time is saying its not legal if someone has already pioneered the way.
You can bet Jimmy, that I will be looking you up if I get any heat!
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2007, 12:34:16 AM »
So easy to cheat, so hard to beat. :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2007, 01:15:23 AM »
There is no need to look me up Mr.Hotnuts. You will have to solve that problem when asked by whoever is inspecting you or who handles your impounds. Good Luck with your project.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro