Author Topic: Milwaukee Midget  (Read 3284690 times)

Offline Frankie7799

Re: Milwaukee Midget
« Reply #1710 on: October 16, 2012, 05:56:42 PM »
Chris, the amount of technical data in this thread is staggering- I've never learned so much about beer! Lol!

I can't wait to see this car and you in person!

THats awesome Buddy I completely agree on both the beer and seeing the car/meeting Chris. Maybe next year 

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #1711 on: October 18, 2012, 10:07:24 AM »
NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT STUFF!!

Midget, et all,

My ratings for the current crop of "Octoberfests" (Marzen style brews) recently sampled @ the ranch or in "Beerhaven"........

4  Sam Adams, eminently drinkable, slightly harsh finish, slightly harsh aftertaste.  Rating of 82/100
3  Hacker-Schoor, eminently drinkable, slightly harsh finish.   Rating of 85/100
2  Point, again, eminently drinkable, smoother finish than H/S.   Rating of 90/100
1  Leinenkugel, best taste of the 4, extremely drinkable, smooth finish.  Rating of 95/100

Needless to say, this is one of my favorite styles, quite possibly my favorite time of year..........
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Fordboy

P.S.    Midget, next fall you will have to come down & visit in September for the Chamber of Commerce's "Wine & BEER Walk".  12 stops @ various places in downtown Fox Lake, IL.   2 wine & 2 beer varieties to be sampled @ each stop!!  Mrs. Fordboy enjoys the wine & the outing.  Very civilized, & you can order your favorites afterward........
F/B
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:17:57 AM by fordboy628 »
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #1712 on: October 18, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »
Midget, next fall you will have to come down & visit in September for the Chamber of Commerce's "Wine & BEER Walk".  12 stops @ various places in downtown Fox Lake, IL.   2 wine & 2 beer varieties to be sampled @ each stop!!  Mrs. Fordboy enjoys the wine & the outing.  Very civilized, & you can order your favorites afterward........
F/B

In Beerhaven, it's called "bar hopping", it tends to be a little more ad hoc, and I ocassionally bump into the mayor - his security detail has since put me on their "persons of interest" list. 

But it's good to know that our friends south of the Cheddar Curtain are making inroads toward civility.  Soon, you'll be able to sit down and have a beer, rather than keep walking.

:wink:

All kidding aside, yes - post us up on that one.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #1713 on: October 18, 2012, 04:46:19 PM »
Over here we call it a pub crawl
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1714 on: October 18, 2012, 05:50:28 PM »
Over here we call it a pub crawl
G

That's how we identify the tourists in Beerhaven - they're on their hands and knees.

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #1715 on: October 19, 2012, 08:34:03 AM »
In Beerhaven, it's called "bar hopping", it tends to be a little more ad hoc, and I ocassionally bump into the mayor - his security detail has since put me on their "persons of interest" list. 

:wink:

Midget,

Since most establishments are not "Bars", the walk can't really be "bar hopping"/"pub crawling", although I'm not opposed to the activity.   The "walk" has the added benefit of a fixed price, where I suspect we both might benefit financially, as opposed to "hopping"/"crawling".   Plus, my bad knee is definately not up for "crawling", probably not for "hopping" either.    The "walk" has the added benefit of your choice of a bottle of wine or a sixer of beer included in the price..........

Oh, did I mention FREE FOOD @ MOST STOPS??     Some food is even vegetarian.    I'm counting you "in" based on that alone........(unless you are at the "World Finals" or have a Papal Dispensation..........)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU5CVuN5AFw

(I know this is a shill for the Dealership, but watch the whole video.   1:39 of your life you'll never get back.......)

Fordboy

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1716 on: October 19, 2012, 10:06:36 AM »
Got it - a multi-venue outdoor wine and beer buffet with nibbly bits - civilized indeed!

By the way, we're looking for a patron saint to whom we can attribute the miracles of the continued existence of this silly little motor I'm building.

Right now, we've got two candidates -

St. Edmund, who happens to be the patron saint of Abingdon on Thames.  The guy was beaten and shot with arrows, and eventually beheaded.  Personally I can relate to this one.  Some days, I feel beaten up by this project, I've suffered the slings and arrows of misfortune, and there are times when I feel as though I'm going to lose my head.

The other is going to require assistance from the Vatican.  I'm proposing putting my good friend "Dumb Luck" up for beatification and canonization.  The faithful will then change his name to "Saint Mowog".

In an e-mail correspondence between Fordboy and myself, my arguement went like this -

Saint Mowog was present when I didn't blow up the Midget at Maxton, and when I didn't blow up the Midget last November on the dyno, and when we didn't hydro lock cylinders 1 and 2 on the dyno last month.

Clearly documentable miracles, all!

Saint Mowog would be the patron saint of near misses.

"Arise, Dumb Luck, for you have proven yourself worthy (if unreliable at times) to be venerated and ascribed a name that is well known in garages and recycling facilities the world over.  Henceforth, you will go forth into the world (not wandering too far off of the beaten path, mind you) and also be well known to skate boarders, jay walkers, extreme sports aficionados, moto cross racers, along with your diminishing flock of British automobile owners, as Saint Mowog ."

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #1717 on: October 19, 2012, 10:32:43 AM »
Aren't you worried about the aero challenge with the 10 foot cross of St. Mowog on the roof of the car?
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1718 on: October 19, 2012, 11:10:17 AM »
Aren't you worried about the aero challenge with the 10 foot cross of St. Mowog on the roof of the car?

"minor chrome trim and emblems may be removed" 5.E.3

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #1719 on: October 19, 2012, 12:50:05 PM »
Re: Patron Saint of your project...............

By the way, we're looking for a patron saint to whom we can attribute the miracles of the continued existence of this silly little motor I'm building.

Right now, we've got two candidates -

St. Edmund, who happens to be the patron saint of Abingdon on Thames.  The guy was beaten and shot with arrows, and eventually beheaded.  Personally I can relate to this one.  Some days, I feel beaten up by this project, I've suffered the slings and arrows of misfortune, and there are times when I feel as though I'm going to lose my head.

The other is going to require assistance from the Vatican.  I'm proposing putting my good friend "Dumb Luck" up for beatification and canonization.  The faithful will then change his name to "Saint Mowog".

In an e-mail correspondence between Fordboy and myself, my arguement went like this -

Saint Mowog was present when I didn't blow up the Midget at Maxton, and when I didn't blow up the Midget last November on the dyno, and when we didn't hydro lock cylinders 1 and 2 on the dyno last month.

Clearly documentable miracles, all!

Saint Mowog would be the patron saint of near misses.

"Arise, Dumb Luck, for you have proven yourself worthy (if unreliable at times) to be venerated and ascribed a name that is well known in garages and recycling facilities the world over.  Henceforth, you will go forth into the world (not wandering too far off of the beaten path, mind you) and also be well known to skate boarders, jay walkers, extreme sports aficionados, moto cross racers, along with your diminishing flock of British automobile owners, as Saint Mowog ." 

Midget,

After much research, soul-searching, re-reading of e-mails, and backgrounds of the various Sanctified candidates, etc, etc,   I have decided to cast my vote for; (if I even have a vote, after all, it's your project & MG)      St. Dema of Elgin!!
Ford (not a former altar) boy

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1720 on: October 19, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »
White smoke out the tailpipe on that one.  :cheers:

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #1721 on: October 19, 2012, 02:27:56 PM »
Let's ramp that one right up and get to grinding away on it!

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #1722 on: October 19, 2012, 05:38:25 PM »
Let's ramp that one right up and get to grinding away on it!

Midget,

Cam/lifters on pilgrimage to be blessed by St. Dema.
 :cheers:
Fordboy

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #1723 on: October 19, 2012, 05:47:40 PM »
Diety attached.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1724 on: October 19, 2012, 06:08:19 PM »
A VISION!  DEAN HAS SEEN A VISION!

And lo, the cam of Beerhaven passed through his hallowed hands, and all was made right . . .