Author Topic: Multiple drivers, and multiple tow vehicles:  (Read 7572 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Multiple drivers, and multiple tow vehicles:
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 10:13:04 AM »
No they can't this is due to an accident a few years ago, the insurance company says no riders in the back of pickups or on trailers etc. In the cab is ok but would want an adult with any un licensed person.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:46:56 AM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

MCR

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 11:25:48 AM »
Or wait a month go to WOS and run 130 club.  You can drive your 130 club vehicle without a tow

I'll be running at El Mirage after Speed Week.   Goal is a 200+ mph attempt in the summer of 2009.  This means we need the safety equipment and rookie passes finished this year anyhow.  It is entirely possible we will show up, run one pass then park it, or not make tech.  I'd rather get that out of the way ASAP.

But that is a good idea for tuning.

ModelTSteve

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 02:03:06 PM »
While we are on rules- remember no. unlicenced driver is permitted to drive/ ride a go-cart, skooter, skateboard, atv, quad, motorcycle, etc. on the salt. It really gets crazy dangerous in the pits the first couple of days.

MCR

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 08:04:21 AM »
While we are on rules- remember no. unlicenced driver is permitted to drive/ ride a go-cart, skooter, skateboard, atv, quad, motorcycle, etc. on the salt. It really gets crazy dangerous in the pits the first couple of days.

If I read it correctly, there is no adults allowed in anything other than a push vehicle or racecar either, or am I reading it wrong?  It's not just a kid restriction?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 08:19:58 AM »
Yes, you are reading it wrong.  licensed folks can ride, drive any motorized vehicle as long as it is not a race vehicle.
Kids can ride un-motorized

MCR, remember your safety equipment must meet the class you are running in, not the expected speed of your vehicle at Speedweek.  If you don't get the truck ready, I would suggest attending as a spectator, you can see what you are in for and talk to other racers.  More chances left this year....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

MCR

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 08:57:39 AM »
Yes, you are reading it wrong.  licensed folks can ride, drive any motorized vehicle as long as it is not a race vehicle.
Kids can ride un-motorized

MCR, remember your safety equipment must meet the class you are running in, not the expected speed of your vehicle at Speedweek.  If you don't get the truck ready, I would suggest attending as a spectator, you can see what you are in for and talk to other racers.  More chances left this year....

PIT AREA- Only vehicles with an official “Crew” pass on windshield are allowed in pit area and
course access roads. “Go Karts” and other such vehicles are prohibited in pits. Anyone driving in
the pit area must be a licensed driver. ...

This is a quote from the official SCTA document on Speed Week 08.  Is there a revision I need to read?

Yes, if we don't get the truck ready, we can't race.  That is true of all forms of racing, not just LSR Bonneville, regardless of the banner organization or group.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »

I think what Stainless ment is if you do not finish your vehicle in time for Bonneville you may want to come and spectate.  You may learn a few things about how things are done and ask people about the classes.  Successes and failures.  Of course we know that if it isn't ready you can't race it, not sure why you stated that? :roll:

MCR

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 11:38:24 AM »

I think what Stainless ment is if you do not finish your vehicle in time for Bonneville you may want to come and spectate.  You may learn a few things about how things are done and ask people about the classes.  Successes and failures.  Of course we know that if it isn't ready you can't race it, not sure why you stated that? :roll:

Yup, planning on it.  Been planning for over a year now.  Couldn't attend last year due to other racing commitments.

I'm not sure what his comment was for.  I'm almost as bad at mind reading as predicting the future. :-D

John Romero

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »
Go Karts have been specifically banned from SpeedWeek this year regardless of the age of the driver. To hard to see them.

All drivers/riders of any motorized vehicle must be licensed. Under 16 means you pedal, you walk or you are a passenger.

MCR

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 12:34:11 PM »
Go Karts have been specifically banned from SpeedWeek this year regardless of the age of the driver. To hard to see them.

All drivers/riders of any motorized vehicle must be licensed. Under 16 means you pedal, you walk or you are a passenger.

So golf carts are permitted with a licensed driver?  Quads?  Rhinos? Odesseys?

My misunderstanding comes from the "go carts and other such vehicles".  Some folk refer to golf cart, quads, Odesseys, Rhinos, and other such off-road as go carts.  They all look like go carts to me if they aren't street legal.

We use a golf cart as a pit car and emergency vehicle.  Ours has an extinguisher, first aid, radio, tow hitch, jumpers, inverter, etc.  I'd rather bring it along, but I'd hate to get yelled at if we show up with it.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 01:15:18 PM »
Your golf cart is fine, It's the low profile stuff that can't be seen and we have problems every year with them.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

ModelTSteve

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 01:20:16 PM »
One more request- Please no glass bottles! I don't care how good the Corona tastes!

MCR

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 07:21:06 PM »
You can buy Corona in cans!

(pssst:  Pacifico is a better beer and costs less.  Both are brewed in at the Pacifico Brewery in Mazatlan?)

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »

(pssst:  Pacifico is a better beer and costs less.  Both are brewed in at the Pacifico Brewery in Mazatlan?)
DIDDO
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline cheeto racer

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 07:50:19 PM »

DIDDO
I think t- salt has already been hitting the Pacifico today. and you  are right Pacifico is way better than Corona. Ditto what they said!!!