Author Topic: So wheres Taylor made wheels?  (Read 8336 times)

Offline Carl Johansson

So wheres Taylor made wheels?
« on: January 10, 2007, 02:51:08 PM »
I have an address  for them in California (LA area)-  with a phone number of
213 - 567 - 3998

provided by that Seldom slim guy -  and confirmed by the magical internet!

operator says -  cannot be completed as dialed!

anyone have a contact number that works?

Carl Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: So wheres Taylor made wheels?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 03:03:21 PM »
So now I'll use the '06 rulebook where, on page 252, Taylor's ad says 323 567 3998.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 03:07:20 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

dwarner

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 03:16:20 PM »
Yep, another area code change. The news says to expect a couple more. The land rush creates many problems a person would not consider. Arnold said last night the the state's population will increase by over 30% in less than 20 years. Thats a bunch of people, people.

DW

Thinking of changing my signature to "kinda the most enlightened LSR person on THIS planet"

DW

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 03:28:12 PM »
Thanks guys
Got ahold of chuck down there -  says he can't use the spacesaver rims for this heavy of an application?  huh?
 anyway he can make up  the rims for me -  provided i don't mind being bent over -  and I honestly think they do not allow lubricant for this particular application!

carl "wheres the bottom of the cash hole" Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 03:43:58 PM »
Dan, you gotta admit -- there are advantages to living way the hell up here.  All of Michigan's Upper Peninsula has had the same area code, no changes, since day one of area codes, back in the early 60's.  We've got about 1/3 of Michigan's land area -- and about 350,000 or less people.

"Come vacation, spend your money, go home -- it's too cold for you to live here" -- our motto.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 11:02:51 AM »
Try Stockston Wheel. They make great LSR wheels that hold up to just about anything. You won't have to bend over. As a matter of fact you may even have change left over for other parts and pieces.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 10:59:07 PM »
Carl J.   If you get them . First put them on the spot your going to run them and get out your dial indcators, a large file, a single jack, rotary file, etc. After you get your tires mounted and put on the car....Do it again.......J.D.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline hitz

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 09:46:59 AM »
JD,
  What would you call good enough on the radial and laterall runout of a steel wheel?

Even the factory welds on the center to rim pull the wheel out of true. The full weld required for the classes over 200 really pulls the wheel out. I wire welded a couple of wheels that I had to give up on after trying to staighten them. Tig welding them seemed to work much better.

Not trying to put you on the spot on the tolerences here JD, I just wonder what an experienced racer would call good enough.

Harv

Offline Carl Johansson

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 10:46:12 AM »
Carl J.   If you get them . First put them on the spot your going to run them and get out your dial indcators, a large file, a single jack, rotary file, etc. After you get your tires mounted and put on the car....Do it again.......J.D.

Ah -  too much to worry about for me - with my lack of experience.  Cowboy Nate is handling my tire and wheel package -  I trust him -  at least I better -  wheels might be pretty important!

Carl "find the expert -  then listen to them" Johansson
Carl Johansson
 Auberry Ca

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 05:32:05 PM »
.001 to .003"
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline hitz

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 05:44:05 PM »
WOW! that's pretty close work for a single jack and a file! I need some instruction!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks JD

Offline John Nimphius

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 01:37:13 PM »
In this thread and several others there seems to be a preference for steel wheels.  Have I read this correctly?  Is there some reason not to use a one piece forged aluminum wheel such as Weld?s race series?  If so what are the issues:  cost; attaching wheel covers; air retention; others?

John

Offline desotoman

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 04:11:09 PM »
Steel wheels are typically stronger. That is just my 2 cents.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 10:49:50 PM »
6 sets of my usable wheels are aluminum. 2 sets stock Kelsey Hayes. 2 sets of Centerlines, 1 unknown set and a set of Wheel Vintiques forged outers welded to forged centers. The WV's indicated perfect mounted on my roadster. Personally, I like them a lot. They are 18"x 7".  My 18"x5" steel wheels are my worst and still need some tuning up eventhough I used them at 1 Bonneville. Good Luck