Author Topic: Wilmington Airpark  (Read 20490 times)

Offline RansomT

Re: Wilmington Airpark
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2010, 10:53:10 AM »
The dates work for me, I will find someone to contact that can give us a look around. I think that it is important to present ourselves as being part of an existing organization with the ability and history of putting on this type of event. A good formal presentation will be important at some point in the process. Don't get me wrong I don't mean that we will go as though we are representing ECTA I am not even a member yet.

Agree'd.  ....BTW, I sent you an email with some info.

Offline olepaw

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 05:18:13 PM »
HI my children are well educated on power point and  such as well as other things if it gets to that i'll have them put something together if you want.
D/CGC record Ohio mile
G/GC   record Ohio mile
H/GC   record Ohio mile
E/FSS  record Ohio mile C/GC TRYING

Offline Got-Busa?

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 12:39:20 PM »
I'm interested!

Have you guys got a point of contact or talked with the airport authority yet?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 12:47:37 PM »
I got this email from a fellow overnight -- and will share most of it so we know that there are other groups willing to work with us LSR-types in trying to set up something at Wilmington.  I've encouraged him to give me a call if he thinks I can be of help.

Quote:

"
Jon,
     My name is Sean Roberts. I have attended standing mile races in Texas and Miami with my turbo Hayabusa. I lived in Dayton, Ohio, which is just up the road from Wilmington, Ohio, for almost 20 years. I have contacted the Clinton County Port Authority about having an event at the Wilmington Air Park. My vision is a Texas Mile-type event that allows seasoned participants as well as locals who just want to see how fast their car or bike can go. I have already done some leg work on the project.
     Earlier tonight, someone on suzukihayabusa.org directed me to a thread on landracing.com pertaining to the same thing. I would like to speak with you and get an idea where you stand. Is it possible to call you sometime tomorrow? I am a radio broadcaster and I established my name quite well in that area. I think it could help get this done. Thanks for your time.
Sean Roberts

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 02:41:26 PM »
I got this email from a fellow overnight -- and will share most of it so we know that there are other groups willing to work with us LSR-types in trying to set up something at Wilmington.  I've encouraged him to give me a call if he thinks I can be of help.

Quote:

"
Jon,
     My name is Sean Roberts. I have attended standing mile races in Texas and Miami with my turbo Hayabusa. I lived in Dayton, Ohio, which is just up the road from Wilmington, Ohio, for almost 20 years. I have contacted the Clinton County Port Authority about having an event at the Wilmington Air Park. My vision is a Texas Mile-type event that allows seasoned participants as well as locals who just want to see how fast their car or bike can go. I have already done some leg work on the project.
     Earlier tonight, someone on suzukihayabusa.org directed me to a thread on landracing.com pertaining to the same thing. I would like to speak with you and get an idea where you stand. Is it possible to call you sometime tomorrow? I am a radio broadcaster and I established my name quite well in that area. I think it could help get this done. Thanks for your time.
Sean Roberts

Slim, et al,  there are a group of us that have gotten together and contacted the port authority for a possible walk about on the 10th or 11th of January. Efforts are being duplicated! I will email you and you can have Sean call me.
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline bharmon77

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 08:11:24 AM »
I did not try to duplicate any effort and in fact am pleased to see the progress. I did not recieve a reply to my email to the email that I sent to a Clinton County Port Auth. board member. I will be back in Wilmington on the 2nd. and will be happy to support any visit or meeting.

Bruce Harmon 

Offline RansomT

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 09:51:09 AM »
I've PM'd Sean over on Hayabusa.org basically to make contact and to coordinate efforts.  Likewise, I will be out of town until next week and can't do much except enjoy the weather here in Florida.   :-D

Offline DanBadger

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 11:15:36 AM »
I have been working with Sean (106mm on SHO)  to get the ball rolling.  So far everyone at Wilmington has been VERY receptive to the idea.  We are doing a little research regarding insurance, timing equipment, liability, possible dates, and other logistical issues.  Bruce, I'll give you a call and get you "in the loop."

Offline entropy

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 07:05:20 PM »
I have been working with Sean (106mm on SHO)  to get the ball rolling.  So far everyone at Wilmington has been VERY receptive to the idea.  We are doing a little research regarding insurance, timing equipment, liability, possible dates, and other logistical issues.  Bruce, I'll give you a call and get you "in the loop."

Sean is stirring up considerable interest on SH.O, gathering info ; it is great to see you guys pursuing this.

I have done all the asphalt venues (bike) and would love to try a new one.

If possible, please try not to step on Loring in mid July, I won't miss that one.

Go-guys-GO!!! :cheers:

Offline DanBadger

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 09:50:36 AM »

Sean is stirring up considerable interest on SH.O, gathering info ; it is great to see you guys pursuing this.

I have done all the asphalt venues (bike) and would love to try a new one.

If possible, please try not to step on Loring in mid July, I won't miss that one.

Go-guys-GO!!! :cheers:

We have been looking at dates hard- double-booking a weekend hurts everybody and makes no sense.  Also, it would be nice to hold the event when the temps are in the eighties.  Goliad, in leathers, at 100F, is no fun.  Open to suggestions!

Though this thread is in ECTA, whether or not this will be an ECTA event is still open for discussion.  That being said, the ECTA guys have been extremely helpful in answering logistical questions and making connections.  The ability to pick the brains of the people that run the existing events has been invaluable.

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 09:19:46 AM »
Waiting to see how this works out... nice & close.
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline Got-Busa?

• New folks
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 04:26:06 PM »
Keeping an eye on this.  If you need help with the airport stuff or contacting the Clinton County Port Authority, please let me know.

Josh :mrgreen:

Offline manifest

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 10:32:20 AM »
This would be great.  More tracks the better.  Only been able to run at maxton and bonneville.  Would be nice to have this new course under the same rules and regulations as Maxton though.  I feel ECTA has a better handle on safety issues than miami and texas just from what I have read.  I like chasing and breaking records not just having a test-n-tune style venue.

Zach

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 11:41:55 AM »
I checked the mileage  closer than Maxton farther than Loring .Sound good to me.

Offline olepaw

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 05:55:39 PM »
I'm inpressed keep up the good work ! Jim cols oh
D/CGC record Ohio mile
G/GC   record Ohio mile
H/GC   record Ohio mile
E/FSS  record Ohio mile C/GC TRYING