Author Topic: Mazda Miata GT Record Holder For Sale in Charity Auction  (Read 701 times)

Offline PistonFoundation

• New folks
Mazda Miata GT Record Holder For Sale in Charity Auction
« on: October 05, 2023, 03:37:19 PM »
The 2160 Miata (as in, ?Going to 160 mph.?) is a car built and raced by Harvey Siegel at the 2011 Bonneville Speed Week to a G/GT class world speed record of 165.296 mph. After Bonneville, the car was reformatted for SCCA Spec Miata racing. Now this ?99 Miata MX5 racer and current land speed record holder could be your next race car.

Harvey has donated this race-ready Miata to The Piston Foundation?s Cars For Piston Scholars campaign. 100% of the proceeds from the sale will go to the Piston Scholarship fund which helps aspiring auto restoration technicians with tech-school scholarships and hands-on training. The Piston Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity.

The 2160 Miata will be sold in a Bring-a-Trailer charity auction beginning 10/23. The sale will include the car?s Bonneville spares: a 1.99 Liter 290HP Mazda DOHC engine, wheels, and Goodyear Eagle tires. This Miata is ready for the track or another world record run on the salt.

An auction link will be post here when it goes live.

Learn more about The Piston Foundation: https://pistonfoundation.org/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 05:23:19 PM by PistonFoundation »

Offline bubruins

Re: Mazda Miata GT Record Holder For Sale in Charity Auction
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 09:18:51 PM »
I don't need this, but I do need to share this with all the miata friends. Cool car, cool cause.

Offline PistonFoundation

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 06:20:20 PM »
I don't need this, but I do need to share this with all the miata friends. Cool car, cool cause.

Thanks, @bubruins. We appreciate your support.

Offline PistonFoundation

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 11:38:25 PM »
New photos of the 2160 Miata from Lime Rock Park.

Offline PistonFoundation

• New folks
The charity auction for this Miata is now live on Bring a Trailer.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-mazda-mx-5-miata-66-2/